Abroad Wiki - What is the abroad?
What does the word abroad mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word abroad in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with abroad and anagrams of abroad.
Definitions of "abroad"
- Out of one's own country. adverb & adjective
- In a foreign country or countries. adverb & adjective
- Away from one's home. adverb & adjective
- In circulation; at large. adverb & adjective
- Covering a large area; widely. adverb & adjective
- Not on target; in error. adverb & adjective
- A foreign country or countries in which to live or travel. noun
- Broadly; widely; expansively; outward on all or on both sides.
- Out of or beyond certain limits
- Absent; gone away, especially to a considerable distance: as, the head of the firm is abroad. In an active state; astir; in circulation: as, there are thieves abroad; rumors of disaster are abroad.
- At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space. adverb
- Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode. adverb
- Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries. adverb
- Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely. adverb
- To be at a loss or nonplused. adverb
- Played elsewhere than one's home grounds; as in a sport's team. adverb
Throughout, over. preposition
- in a place across an ocean adverb
- far away from home or one's usual surroundings adverb