Accuracy Wiki - What is the accuracy?
Precision is a description of random errors, a measure of statistical variability. Accuracy has two definitions: More commonly, it is a description of systematic errors, a measure of statistical bias; as these cause a difference between a result and a "true" value, ISO calls this trueness. Alternatively, ISO defines accuracy as describing a combination of both types of observational error above (random and systematic), so high accuracy requires both high precision and high trueness.In simplest terms, given a set of data points from repeated measurements of the same quantity, the set can be said to be precise if the values are close to each other, while the set can be said to be accurate if their average is close to the true value of the quantity being measured. In the first, more common definition above, the two concepts are independent of each other, so a particular set of data can be said to be either accurate, or precise, or both, or neither..
What does the word accuracy mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word accuracy in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with accuracy and anagrams of accuracy.
Definitions of "accuracy"
- Conformity to fact. noun
- Precision; exactness. noun
- The ability of a measurement to match the actual value of the quantity being measured. noun
- The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exactness; nicety; correctness noun
- Exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; degree of conformity of a measure to a true or standard value. noun
- The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; precision; exactness; nicety; correctness. noun
- The condition or quality of being accurate; extreme precision or exactness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; correctness: as, the value of testimony depends on its accuracy; copies of legal instruments should be taken with accuracy. noun
- Synonyms Accurateness, exactness, exactitude, precision, carefulness, care, niceness, nicety. noun
- (mathematics) the number of significant figures given in a number noun
- the quality of being near to the true value noun
The word "accuracy" in example sentences
Like I say, the accuracy is a little troubling but I know it can be improved - but how on earth does this tiny little gun weigh 6 lbs???. [Are Ruger Model 77s Accurate Rifles? I Wonder.]
Unproven Matt Prater has a booming leg on kickoffs, but his accuracy is the question mark.. [After humbling season, Broncos' goals refocused]
One way to judge the accuracy is the Bermuda grass rough that outlines the fairways.. [USATODAY.com - More rough, more yards, more challenge await]
Something witht hat kind of accuracy is the kind of advantage I need.. [A Rifle With Feck*]
I guess it depends whether something called 'accuracy' is important to you.. [Was Pennsylvania a double-digit Clinton win - or not?]
But when you probe that claim, its accuracy is open to question.. [Myth Diagnosis]
I used to shoot 3inch Remington copper solids, but changed to 2 3/4 this year and have seen no difference in accuracy or ability to take down a deer, and I am much more willing to put in the time at the range now.. [Bucking Slug Recoil]
I'd add that your accuracy is hard to beat with anything if your bullets touch at 100 yards.. [is federal premiam ammo worth the price? i want to re-load and i heard u can re-load it 10 times safely.]
If you can keep it supersonic all the way to the target, accuracy is better.. [best caliber for 600+ yard shots]
Older and wiser, I start a load at the recommended end of the manual listing, and work up at the rate the tech did, until accuracy is achieved, record that load in my own book of tears and continue upward until either accuracy suffers, or pressure signs show.. [Video Blog: Shooting Over A Chronograph]
(Sadly, photos are not available, so accuracy is hard to judge.). [Celebrity impersonation: the next generation]
Problem is costs of calculating that, which probably outweigh minor improvements in accuracy in a particular case.. [IPSC: final plenary]
In a. 44mag revolver what is the difference in accuracy and velocity in the six and eight inch barrels?. [.40 S&W vs.]
The single shot, simplicity, and confidence inspiring accuracy is great, but the lighter weight isn't always the best.. [Youth Deer Season Done Right]
I have little use for the AK because to me accuracy is EVERYTHING for sport shooting.. [ar15 vs. ak47.]
There rifles are well made and accuracy is very good.. [Montana Rifle Co.]
Accuracy TranslatesAccuracy English to Turkish Translate
(i). doğruluk, dikkat, titizlik, ihtimam, incelik.(i). doğruluk, dikkat, titizlik, ihtimam, incelik.