Adhesive Wiki - What is the adhesive?
What does the word adhesive mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word adhesive in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with adhesive and anagrams of adhesive.
Definitions of "adhesive"
- Tending to adhere; sticky. adjective
- Gummed so as to adhere. adjective
- Tending to persist; difficult if not impossible to shake off. adjective
- A substance, such as paste or cement, that provides or promotes adhesion. noun
- Sticky; tenacious, as glutinous substances.
- Figuratively, cleaving or clinging; adhering; remaining attached; not deviating from.
- Gummed; fitted for adhesion: as, adhesive envelops.
- Sticky; tenacious, as glutinous substances. adjective
- Apt or tending to adhere; clinging. adjective
- that kind of inflammation which terminates in the reunion of divided parts without suppuration. adjective
- a sticking; a plaster containing resin, wax, litharge, and olive oil. adjective
Sticky; tenacious, as glutinous substances. adjective Aptor tendingto adhere; clinging. adjective
substance, such as glue, that providesor promotes adhesion. noun
- a substance that unites or bonds surfaces together noun
- tending to adhere adjective