Amnesia Wiki - What is the amnesia?
What does the word amnesia mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word amnesia in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with amnesia and anagrams of amnesia.
Definitions of "amnesia"
- Partial or total loss of memory, usually resulting from shock, psychological disturbance, brain injury, or illness. noun
- Loss of memory; forgetfulness. noun
- Forgetfulness; also, a defect of speech, from cerebral disease, in which the patient substitutes wrong words or names in the place of those he wishes to employ. noun
- In pathology, loss of memory; specifically, a morbid condition in which the patient is unable to recall a word that is wanted, or, perhaps, understand it when spoken: a common form of aphasia (which see). noun
- [capitalized] In zoöl., a genus of coleopterous insects. noun
- partial or total loss of memory noun