Ana Wiki - What is the ana?
What does the word ana mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word ana in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with ana and anagrams of ana.
Definitions of "ana"
- A collection of various materials that reflect the character of a person or place: definitive ana of the early American West. noun
- An item in such a collection. noun
- Both in the same quantity; of each. Used to refer to ingredients in prescriptions. adverb
- Of each; an equal quantity; as, wine and honey, ana (or contracted to aa), / ij. (that is, of wine and honey, each, two ounces). adverb
- In a direction analogous to up, but along the additional axis added by the fourth dimension. adverb
- A collection of things associated with a person or place, especially a personal collection of anecdotes or conversations at table noun
- Anorexia (used especially by the pro-ana movement). noun
- Of each; an equal quantity; , that is, of wine and honey, each, two ounces. adverb
- A general term for books recording miscellaneous sayings, anecdotes, and gossip about a particular person or subject; the sayings and anecdotes themselves. See -ana.
- A word used in medical prescriptions in a distributive sense, as in Greek, to indicate an equal quantity of each: often written āā, earlier and more correctly āa, where the mark above the first a, according to general medieval practice, represented the omission of n. See tilde.
- See anna. noun
- A prefix of Greek origin, meaning up, upon, along, throughout, back, again, etc., as in anabasis. noun
- A suffix of Latin origin, in modern use with a euphonic variant, -i-ana, to form collective plurals, as Scaligerana, Johnsoniana, etc., applied to a collection of sayings of Scaliger, of Johnson, etc., or of anecdotes or gossip concerning them; also sometimes appended to common nouns, as boxiana (annals of pugilism); more recently extended to all the literature of a subject, as Americana, Shaksperiana, etc. Hence sometimes used as an independent word, ana. See ana. noun
- a collection of anecdotes about a person or place noun
- mother of the ancient Irish gods; sometimes identified with Danu noun
The word "ana" in example sentences
The fauna of Doñana is mostly Mediterranean with a few north African and northern European species.. [Doñana National Park, Spain]
And getting a telephone installed and working down here in the land of mañana is way different from the routine call to the local phone company, the prompt installation, the equally prompt billing back in the United States.. [Cohetes For Telephones!]
Mañana is a Mexican word that I struggle to understand.. [Manana at the lighthouse]
Mañana is not a promise, not a date, not a commitment, it's just ... not right now.. [It's about (Mexican) time!]
'Inshallah, wa lakin ana hazeen giddan - If God wills, but I am sorry to be doing so,' I replied.. [Archive 2004-10-31]
Accordingly they take the word ana'stasis actively for the action of. [Sermons Preached Upon Several Occasions. Vol. VI.]
When I try to edit ananouncement draft (try to change the color of the word ana make bold), I have the result below:. [phpBB.com]
Mañana is a polite way of never saying "no" without having to say 'yes ".. [The "Indian Time" syndrome]
J.D. HEYMAN, "PEOPLE" MAGAZINE: The last time that everybody remembers him being here was with D.ana, which is of course, a famous, famous trip that everyone, you know, recalls with a great deal of nostalgia.. [CNN Transcript Nov 1, 2005]
Mai ka hoomaka ana e halawai na'lii a hiki i ka pau ana o na olelo a laua, iluna no o na waa keia mau kamailio ana.. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
Ia kakahiaka ana ae, i ka manawa molehulehu, ala ae la oia, ike aku la kela i ka pio a ke anuenue i uka o Kukaniloko, haalele keia ia wahi, kaapuni keia ia Oahu nei, ma Koolaupoko kona hele mua ana, a ma. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
Ma ke kakahiaka ana ae, aia hoi, e pio ana ke anuenue i kai o Kaiopae, no ka mea, ua iho aku o Laieikawai ilaila.. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
I ua la la, i ka puka ana a ka la, aia na kamaaina ma kulana, nalu, na kane, a me na wahine.. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
A no ka ninau a ke Alii wahine, au aku la laua, ia manawa a laua e au ana, hai aku la o Halaaniani i kana olelo imua o ke Alii wahine, "Ma keia au ana a kaua, mai alawa oe i hope, imua no na maka, aia no ia'u kulana nalu, alaila hai aku au ia oe.". [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
I kekahi la ae ma ka puka ana a ka la, uhi ana ke awa a me ka noe ma. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]
Ia manawa, hapai mai la o Kihanuilulumoku i kona huelo mailoko ae o ka moana, pii ke kai iluna, me he poi ana a ka nalu i ke kumu pali, me he akuku nalu la i poi iloko o ka malama o Kaulua, pii ke ehu o ke kai iluna, pouli ka la, ku ka punakea iuka.. [The Hawaiian Romance Of Laieikawai]