Annual Wiki - What is the annual?
Annual Annual publication, periodical publications appearing regularly once per year Yearbook Literary annual Annual plant Annual report Annual giving Annual, Morocco, a settlement in northeastern Morocco Annuals (band), a musical group.
What does the word annual mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word annual in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with annual and anagrams of annual.
Definitions of "annual"
- Recurring, done, or performed every year; yearly: an annual medical examination. adjective
- Of, relating to, or determined by a year: an annual income. adjective
- Botany Living or growing for only one year or season. adjective
- A periodical published yearly; a yearbook. noun
- Botany A plant that completes its entire life cycle in a single growing season. noun
- Happening once every year. adjective
- Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year; accumulating in the course of a year; performed, executed, or completed over the course of a year. See also circannual. adjective
- (of a plant) Having a life cycle that is completed in only one growing season; e.g. beans, corn, marigold. See Annual plant in Wikipedia. Compare biennial, perennial. adjective
- Living or lasting just one season or year, as certain insects or insect colonies. adjective
- An annual publication; a book, periodical, journal, report, comic book, yearbook, etc., which is published serially once a year, which may or may not be in addition to regular weekly or monthly publication. noun
- An annual plant; a plant with a life span of just one growing season; a plant which naturally germinates, flowers and dies in one year. Compare biennial, perennial. noun
- Of or pertaining to a year; returning every year; coming or happening once in the year; yearly. adjective
- Performed or accomplished in a year; reckoned by the year. adjective
- Lasting or continuing only one year or one growing season; requiring to be renewed every year adjective
- A thing happening or returning yearly; esp. a literary work published once a year. noun
- Anything, especially a plant, that lasts but one year or season; an annual plant. noun
- A Mass for a deceased person or for some special object, said daily for a year or on the anniversary day. noun
- Of, for, or pertaining to a year; yearly: as, the annual growth of a tree; annual profits; the annual motion of the earth.
- Relating to a year, or to the events or transactions of a year: as, an annual report.
The word "annual" in example sentences
"ANNIVERSARY" called a splendid annual, I hope for sympathy from its readers, seeing that I have been a "_splendid annual_" myself.. [The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction Volume 14, No. 380, July 11, 1829]
If you are not familiar with the way we plant annuals in South Texas, then you might be surprised that the term annual doesn't mean it will last for a year.. [Corpus Christi Caller Times, Caller.com Stories]
To-morrow night he holds what he calls his annual 'town-meeting' -- a fake and a joke.. [Captivating Mary Carstairs]
The AFL supports the financially challenged, such as North Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne, through what it calls the annual special distribution, but to receive the funding, clubs must show that they are fiscally responsible and give head office an in-depth plan, with budgets and so forth.. [The Age News Headlines]
Taking what he called his annual leave of absence, the Kyrgyz president had intended to return to Bishkek on March 16.. [Ferghana.Ru news agency]
In recent years, Canada has experienced a jump in annual refugee claims by Mexicans from 5 to 3000.. [Calling all Canadians...]
And with less money, you want to add another $600 Billion in annual spending?. [Matthew Yglesias » The Military’s Reach]
Medicare has played only a very minor role in annual deficits, as well.. [Matthew Yglesias » Why Would You Ever Cut Social Security?]
To cover the approximately $1 trillion in annual “defense” expenditures, the gas tax right now would have to be on the order of $10 a gallon.. [Matthew Yglesias » The War]
Versus, paying about $70 million in annual NHL rights fees and in its fourth season of covering the league, this year drew its best regular-season ratings and, so far, its best playoff ratings.. [Even with Ovechkin-Crosby star power, NHL struggles to attract fans]
Japanese game-maker Nintendo suffered its first drop in annual profit in six years, hit by a price cut for the Wii home console and sliding ... gaming | Comment | Recommend. [Video Games: Product Reviews, News, & Online Arcade - USATODAY.com]
TOKYO Japanese game-maker Nintendo suffered its first drop in annual profit in six years, hit by a price cut for the Wii home console and sliding global sales.. [Nintendo profit drops for first time in 6 years]
Much of the confusion and controversy spawned by this week's report, by a government-sponsored task force, that screening mammograms are not helpful and may be harmful for women under age 50, has to do with the apparent suddenness of the decision, reversing a quarter-century of advice to begin annual screening at age 40.. [Rethinking the Mammogram Guidelines]
The American Cancer Society, and the American College of Radiology, whose members make their living reading mammograms, continued to urge women to begin annual mammograms at age 40.. [Rethinking the Mammogram Guidelines]
Textron, a Fortune 500 defense contractor with 43,000 employees and over $14 billion a year in annual sales received over $775 million in federal small business contracts in a single year.. [Lloyd Chapman: Bush Administration Policies Continue to Short Change Small Businesses Out Of Billions]
Also Thursday, the government announced details of a new bank levy on the U. K.'s largest banks that will raise about £ 2.5 billion in annual tax revenue from 2012.. [Osborne Tries to Defend U.K. Cuts]
Annual TranslatesAnnual English to Turkish Translate
(i)., (s). yıllık, salname; (bot). bir yıl ömrü olan bitki; (s). senelik, yıllık, her sene. annually (z). her sene, yılda bir.(i)., (s). yıllık, salname; (bot). bir yıl ömrü olan bitki; (s). senelik, yıllık, her sene. annually (z). her sene, yılda bir.