Annulate Wiki - What is the annulate?
In organic chemistry annulation (from the Latin anellus for "little ring"; occasionally annelation) is a chemical reaction in which a new ring is constructed on a molecule. Examples are the Robinson annulation, Danheiser annulation and certain cycloadditions. Annular molecules are constructed from side-on condensed cyclic segments, for example helicenes and acenes. In transannulation a bicyclic molecule is created by intramolecular carbon-carbon bond formation in a large monocyclic ring. An example is the samarium(II) iodide induced ketone - alkene cyclization of 5-methylenecyclooctanone which proceeds through a ketyl intermediate:.
What does the word annulate mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word annulate in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with annulate and anagrams of annulate.
Definitions of "annulate"
- Having or consisting of rings or ringlike segments. adjective
- Having an annular form or shape. adjective
- Describes a fern sporangium that has an annulus. adjective
- Describes a mushroom with an annulus on the stipe. adjective
- Furnished with, or composed of, rings; ringed; surrounded by rings of color. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the Annulata. adjective
- One of the Annulata. noun
- Furnished with rings, or circles like rings; having belts. Specifically In botany, provided with an annulus or with annuli: applied to a capsule, stem, or root encircled by elevated rings or bands. See cut under annulus.
- In heraldry, applied to any bearing, such as a cross, whose extremities end in annulets or rings, or which is fretted or interlaced with an annulet. See cut under angle, 5. Equivalent forms are annulettée, annuletty.
- Of or pertaining to the Annulata in either sense of that word.
- In entomology, having rings or encircling bands of color, or having raised rings.
- shaped like a ring adjective
The word "annulate" in example sentences
In eggs with yolk, whether vertebrate or annulate, there is always a separation into an animal and a plastic layer.. [Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology]
In some animals, _e. g._, sea-urchins, the skeleton is a simple sphere; in others, _e. g._, starfish, secondary rows of spheres radiate out from a central sphere or ring; in annulate animals the skeleton consists of a row of partially fused spheres.. [Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology]
Thus vertebrate and annulate embryos agree in certain points at the time of the formation of the primitive streak.. [Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology]
The longitudinal type characterises such genera as _Vibrio_, _Filaria_, _Gordius_, and all the annulate animals.. [Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology]
Among annulate animals the theory of repetition found ample scope; Oken was able to compare with justice the jaws of crabs and insects with their other limbs, as Savigny did later in a more scientific way.. [Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology]
Cross rings may or may not be present, and the cup is either smooth or annulate.. [Marine Protozoa from Woods Hole Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission 21:415-468, 1901]
Annulate TranslatesAnnulate English to Turkish Translate
(s). halkalı, halkalardan meydana gelmiş.(s). halkalı, halkalardan meydana gelmiş.