Arc Wiki - What is the arc?
What does the word arc mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word arc in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with arc and anagrams of arc.
Definitions of "arc"
- Something shaped like a curve or arch. noun
- A segment of a circle. noun
- An electric arc. noun
- The apparent path of a celestial body as it rises above and falls below the horizon. noun
- A progression of events suggesting narrative cohesion, especially one that rises to a climax and settles to a final conclusion. noun
- To form an arc. intransitive verb
- To move or seem to move in a curved path. intransitive verb
- In geometry, any part of a curved line, as of a circle, especially one which does not include a point of inflection or cusp. noun
- In astronomy, a part of a circle traversed by the sun or other heavenly body; especially, the part passed over by a star between its rising and setting. noun
- In architecture, an arch. noun
- Obsolete form of
- An abbreviation of
Associate of the Royal College of Organists. noun
- A portion of a curved line. noun
- A curvature in the shape of a circular arc or an arch noun
- An arch. noun
- The apparent arc described, above or below the horizon, by the sun or other celestial body. The
diurnal arcis described during the daytime, the nocturnal arcduring the night. noun
- See under
- To form a voltaic arc, as an electrical current in a broken or disconnected circuit. intransitive verb