Attitude Wiki - What is the attitude?
What does the word attitude mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word attitude in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with attitude and anagrams of attitude.
Definitions of "attitude"
- A position of the body or manner of carrying oneself: stood in a graceful attitude. See Synonyms at posture. noun
- A state of mind or a feeling; disposition: had a positive attitude about work. noun
- An arrogant or hostile state of mind or disposition. noun
- The orientation of an aircraft's axes relative to a reference line or plane, such as the horizon. noun
- The orientation of a spacecraft relative to its direction of motion. noun
- A position similar to an arabesque in which a ballet dancer stands on one leg with the other raised either in front or in back and bent at the knee. noun
- The position of the body or way of carrying oneself; posture. noun
- Disposition or state of mind. noun
- A negative, irritating, or irritated attitude; posturing. noun
- The orientation of a vehicle or other object relative to the horizon, direction of motion, other objects, etc. noun
- A position similar to arabesque, but with the raised leg bent at the knee. noun
- To assume or to place in a particular position or orientation; to pose. verb
- To express an attitude through one's posture, bearing, tone of voice, etc. verb
- The posture, action, or disposition of a figure or a statue. noun
- The posture or position of a person or an animal, or the manner in which the parts of his body are disposed; position assumed or studied to serve a purpose noun
- Fig.: Position as indicating action, feeling, or mood noun
- Posture or position of the body, or the manner in which its parts are disposed; especially, a posture or position as indicating emotion, purpose, etc., or as appropriate to the performance of some act. noun
- Hence Any condition of things or relation of persons viewed as the expression of, or as affecting, feeling, opinion, intentions, etc. noun
- In geology, the particular position or relation which the land bears at any time to the ocean. noun