Available Wiki - What is the available?
What does the word available mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word available in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with available and anagrams of available.
Definitions of "available"
- Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times. adjective
- Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors. adjective
- Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment. adjective
- Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons. adjective
- Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals. adjective
- Archaic Capable of bringing about a beneficial result or effect. adjective
- Law Archaic Valid. Used especially of a plea. adjective
- Such as one may avail one’s self of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose. adjective
- Readily obtainable. adjective
- Valid adjective
- Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy to achieve the purpose; availing, effective. adjective
- Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy, for the object; effectual; valid. adjective
- Such as one may avail one's self of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose; usable; profitable; advantageous; convertible into a resource adjective
- Profitable; advantageous; having efficacy.
- Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy for the object; valid.
- Capable of being used or employed with advantage; attainable; accessible; at one's disposal: as, his resources were not available at the time.
- Advailable is a rare and obsolete form.
- obtainable or accessible and ready for use or service adjective
- convenient for use or disposal adjective
The word "available" in example sentences
If that's the best spin available, is it better than no spin at all???. [First on the Ticker: Palin will not run for re-election]
Perhaps the most important piece of information from IDPF's meeting in NYC was that overall sales increased when an author made his/her title available via ebook.. [Kindle and E-books, Wave of the future?]
"Recently, one of the region's Virgin Megastores included in its book section the Arabic translation of Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler, a title available worldwide in major bookstores and online," a statement said.. [Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph]
During physicals, Jan. 3 through 8 at the Daily News at its new location, 4 New York Plaza near the Staten Island Ferry terminal, all boxers in attendance are required to have their coaches present or obliged to have a name available for paperwork.. [NYDN Rss]
Now they've heroically made the title available again, not only as hard copy for £10 through print-on-demand, but also as a free PDF download (13. 55MB).. [Division of Labour]
The new tracks are thanks to a deal Sony has signed with Universal Music that will see hit songs from the label available on SingStore, the online store for SingStar on the PS3.. [Pocket-lint.com]
A few months ago, Time Magazine made a list of final candidates for this title available on its website and began collecting votes.. [Sam Sedaei: Iranian Protesters Win the Vote, But Time Picks Bernanke]
Note: We will not be making copies of this title available to large online retailers or our wholesale accounts.. [Subterranean Press » 2009 » July]
There are circumstances in which the only word available is “to persist”.. [SeeLight:]
This makes this title available to those who do not have book purchases in their budget.. [Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott]
Our goal was to make, and keep, this title available to people interested in space and in the history of the Apollo program.. [Rambles at starchamber.com » Blog Archive » Self-publishing comes of age]
Other criteria include matching or beating competing prices, and making a title available in all regions for which an author or publisher has rights.. [MacNN | The Macintosh News Network]
Collector's Choice Music currently has only one title available. [The 9513]
Facts On August 1, 2006, Entity A purchased a two-year bond, which it classified as available for sale.. [Recently Uploaded Slideshows]
I was specifically referring to editions of this title available and playable on machines here.. [Home Theater Forum]
If you're more cerebral and prefer Backgammon, there's one title available that'll satiate your need for human competition.. [Pocket Gamer | www.pocketgamer.co.uk | Latest additions]