Bilateral Wiki - What is the bilateral?
What does the word bilateral mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word bilateral in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with bilateral and anagrams of bilateral.
Definitions of "bilateral"
- Having or formed of two sides; two-sided. adjective
- Affecting or undertaken by two sides equally; binding on both parties: a bilateral agreement; bilateral negotiations. adjective
- Relating to the right and left sides of the body or of a body structure. adjective
- Having or marked by bilateral symmetry. adjective
- having two sides adjective
- involving both sides equally adjective
- binding on both parties to an agreement adjective
- having bilateral symmetry adjective
- involving descent or ascent regardless of sex and side of the family adjective
- Having two sides; arranged upon two sides; affecting two sides or two parties. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the two sides of a central area or organ, or of a central axis. adjective
- Having two sides; of or pertaining to two sides; two-sided.
- In botany, having the sides different.
- In biology, having the sides symmetrical.
- having two sides or parts adjective
- affecting or undertaken by two parties adjective
- having identical parts on each side of an axis adjective
The word "bilateral" in example sentences
The term "bilateral investment treaty" was brought up, but that's not exactly it.. [Forging a Stronger U.S.-China Relationship: More Carrot Than Stick]
But this supposition is not true, unless we use the term bilateral contract in its widest sense; but this would be a question about the meaning of words, and would not touch the point at issue.. [The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 4: Clandestinity-Diocesan Chancery]
The United States, however, has shown no enthusiasm for getting involved in what it calls a bilateral issue for Pakistan and India.. [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
The EU has so far preferred to stay out of the deepening row between Moscow and Kiev, saying it does not want to be an arbiter of what it calls a bilateral and commercial dispute.. [News on www.kyivpost.com]
Current EU attempts to solve the sovereign debt problems in peripheral Europe involve a combination of fiscal austerity and short-term bilateral and multilateral loans to address perceived liquidity issues.. [What Europe Can Learn From Latin America]
Compared to anemic economic ties during the 1950s and 1960s, today the United States is India's top trading partner with over $61 billion in bilateral trade.. [Aparna Pande: Obama's Upcoming India Trip]
Have you heard of failures in bilateral monopoly situations?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Would the Public Support “Cap and Refund”?]
Power being what it is, the weaker party can only get hosed in bilateral negotiations.. [Matthew Yglesias » Cycle of Excuses]
Schwartz: Continue to press the Canadian government in bilateral negotiations.. [Archive 2009-10-01]
The United States could engage in bilateral discussions with the Cuban government.. [Matthew Yglesias » Senator Richard Lugar Calls for New Approach to Cuba]
The HOXD13 homozygous variant A60A is more common in bilateral UDT and an abnormal adult sperm concentration.. [Urology Division Research]
The government considered canceling but decided not to because of the importance of long-term bilateral relations, a foreign-ministry spokesman said.. [Islamabad Calls In Envoy After British Comments]
Engaging China on pressing issues like Iran's nuclear program and North Korea's sinking of a South Korean navy ship earlier this year ought not come at the expense of long-term bilateral priorities.. [Daniel Michaeli: Don't Let Iran Hijack the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue]
In occupied Afghanistan the pace of currency transformations was rapid and fluctuations in bilateral currency exchange rates such as in Qandahar occurred elsewhere in the country.. [Connecting Histories in Afghanistan: Market Relations and State Formation on a Colonial Frontier]
US and Iraqi officials began talks last month on a strategic framework agreement that defines long-term bilateral ties and a separate 'status of forces' deal outlining rules and protections governing US military activity in Iraq.. [OpEdNews - Quicklink: Iraq to seek parliamentary approval for long-term U.S. pact]
We would expect another fundamental change of mission in the first few months of 2009 as we make the transition to a long-term bilateral relationship with Iraq.. [Archive 2008-07-01]