Blemish Wiki - What is the blemish?
Blemish A minor imperfection Acne, skin imperfections Blemish (album), a music album from David Sylvian released in 2003.
What does the word blemish mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word blemish in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with blemish and anagrams of blemish.
Definitions of "blemish"
- To mar or impair by a flaw. verb-transitive
- An imperfection that mars or impairs; a flaw or defect. noun
- A small flaw which spoils the appearance of something, a stain, a spot. noun
- A moral defect; a character flaw. noun
- To spoil the appearance of. verb
- Any mark of deformity or injury, whether physical or moral; anything that diminishes beauty, or renders imperfect that which is otherwise well formed; that which impairs reputation. noun
- To mark with deformity; to injure or impair, as anything which is well formed, or excellent; to mar, or make defective, either the body or mind. verb-transitive
- To tarnish, as reputation or character; to defame. verb-transitive
- To damage or impair (especially something that is well formed, or in other respects excellent); mar or make defective; destroy the perfection of; deface; sully.
- To impair morally; tarnish, as reputation or character; defame; stain: as, to blemish one's fair fame.
- A defect, flaw, or imperfection; something that mars beauty, completeness, or perfection. noun
- A moral defect or injury; reproach; disgrace; that which impairs reputation; imputation. noun
- mar or spoil the appearance of verb
- a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body) noun
- add a flaw or blemish to; make imperfect or defective verb
- mar or impair with a flaw verb
The word "blemish" in example sentences
Hes a very aggressive player whose only blemish is that hes not a great skater.. [USA TODAY Latest news]
It is being described as a blemish on Egypt and Egyptians.. [msnbc.com: Top msnbc.com headlines]
As the Star Tribune's Emily Johns reported last week, "The state's vexing achievement gap has become a long-term blemish on an otherwise good reputation for educational performance.". [Asian American Press | AAPress.com]
Gaudi’s blemish is a symptom of the Disneyfication of Christianity, as I told a girl, persuading but failing to impress.. [Matthew Yglesias » Picture Picture, on the Blog]
Well that's a malignant tumor calling a blemish melanoma.. [Tallulah Morehead: Survivor Tocantins: Sandy Wastes]
Her minuteness of detail has also been found fault with; but even where it produces, at the time, a degree of tediousness, we know not whether that can justly be reckoned a blemish, which is absolutely essential to. [Famous Reviews]
They were both of that rich dark reddish roan, and wonderfully alike, the differences being in their legs; one being nearly black in this important part of its person, the other having what most purchasers would call the blemish of four white legs -- it being a canon amongst the wise in horseflesh that. [Off to the Wilds Being the Adventures of Two Brothers]
Sir Jasper brought a reassuring account of the poor little steed, which would be usable again after a short rest, and the blemish was the less important as there was no intention of selling him.. [Beechcroft at Rockstone]
January 11th, 2010 RIHANNA has lashed out at vicious internet gossip which suggested ex-boyfriend CHRIS BROWN beat her after she contracted a cold sore on her lip - angrily insisting the blemish is a scar.. [Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7]
Chris Brown beat her after she contracted a cold sore on her lip - angrily insisting the blemish is a scar.. [TeenMusic.com News, Gossip & Interviews]
On the more resourceful side, 3\% of adults have used a make-up pencil to darken a blemish and make it look like a beauty mark, 3\% have put a band-aid on it to conceal it and 3\% have fibbed and told people a blemish was a bug bite or something else.. 
Scarface: Sienna pointed out the barely-there blemish, which is often mistaken for a lipstick mark. [Home | Mail Online]
BTW, seeing that 'blemish' on JFK's voting record in no way diminishes my regard for JFK's statesman qualities.. [Biden Slams Both Hillary And Obama On Kyl-Lieberman]
It's a policy that's rooted, really, in a wish to spare the military the "blemish" of homosexuality.. [Nathaniel Frank: Another Phony Rationale for Delay on Gay Troops]
The author calls Utah's bloated L-shape a "blemish" on the national map, but I think it lends the state distinction.. [Borders Defined, 50 Times]
I can't think of a person in Washington, D.C. that doesn't have a "blemish" on their record, that doesn't have someone that won't protest.. [CNN Transcript Dec 7, 2008]
Blemish TranslatesBlemish English to Turkish Translate
f., i. bozmak, güzelliğine halel getirmek, lekelemek; i. leke, kusur, hata.f., i. bozmak, güzelliğine halel getirmek, lekelemek; i. leke, kusur, hata.