Born Wiki - What is the born?
What does the word born mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word born in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with born and anagrams of born.
Definitions of "born"
- A past participle of bear1. verb
- Brought into life by birth. adjective
- Brought into existence; created: A new nation was born with the revolution. adjective
- Having from birth a particular quality or talent: a born artist. adjective
- Destined, or seemingly destined, from birth: a person born to lead. adjective
- Resulting or arising: wisdom born of experience. adjective
- Native to a particular country, region, or place. Often used in combination: Irish-born; Southern born and bred; Boston-born. adjective
- born yesterday Naive or ignorant. Used in negative constructions: Of course I can use a computer; I wasn't born yesterday. idiom
- Past participle of bear; given birth to. verb
- Well suited to (some behaviour or occupation), as though from birth. adjective
- Alternative spelling of burn. A stream. noun
- Alternative spelling of burn. With fire. verb
- Brought forth, as an animal; brought into life; introduced by birth. past-participle
- Having from birth a certain character; by or from birth; by nature; innate. past-participle
- Possessing from birth the quality or character stated: as, a born poet; a born fool.
- Innate; inherited; produced with a person at birth: as, born wit; born dignity: in both senses opposed to acquired after birth or from experience.
- Often abbreviated to b.
- See bone.
- brought into existence adjective
The word "born" in example sentences
In my experience at three places of work, the overwhelming majority of researchers were foreign born Ph. D.s. This situation did not arise because of some hypothetical "anti-U. S.-born" discriminatory practices by the employing organizations.. [Growing, Keeping the Ph.D.s Needed]
A child with cystic fibrosis may be born, and I think that, overall, this is not as good a thing as a child without CF being born*, but I think that it would not be appropriate for the government to tell two people they cannot reproduce, at least with each other.. [Government Bans Aren’t a Legitimate Way of Avoiding Birth Defects]
In the proposition, Franklin was not born in England, the fact expressed by the words _born in England_ is denied of the man. [A System Of Logic, Ratiocinative And Inductive (Vol. 1 of 2)]
In the proposition, Franklin was not born in England, the fact expressed by the words _born in England_ is denied of the man Franklin.. [A System Of Logic, Ratiocinative And Inductive]
For just as a child is born of its mother, and by this bodily birth is a sinful being and a _child of wrath; _ thus also is man taken and _born spiritually_ from the baptism, and by _this birth he is a child of grace and a justified person_.. [American Lutheranism Vindicated; or, Examination of the Lutheran Symbols, on Certain Disputed Topics Including a Reply to the Plea of Rev. W. J. Mann]
Lawsuits have been filed by people who don't believe Obama was born in Honolulu and is a U. S.-born citizen.. [11Alive.com | Atlanta Video News]
The vast majority of these children were born in the United States. poverty rate for such children was almost twice as high as for those born to either legal immigrants or U. S.-born parents.. [VDARE.com - Latest Articles]
Castrucci is an example of how complex immigration cases can be, especially if they involve people who are born abroad and gain citizenship through U. S.-born or naturalized parents.. [WTOP / Business / Biz Stories]
The decline was especially dramatic among Hispanics born outside the U.S., dropping 24% to 480 deaths in 2008, compared to a 3% drop among U. S.-born Hispanics.. [Business and financial news - CNNMoney.com]
"Samuel" Sam "Zell (born September 1941) is a U. S.-born billionaire and real estate entrepreneur.. [SAM ZELL'S HEROIC DECONSTRUCTION OF ICONIC NEWSPAPERS]
[Note 2] "That which is born of the flesh, is flesh," is sinful, and except a man be _born again_, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ". [American Lutheranism Vindicated; or, Examination of the Lutheran Symbols, on Certain Disputed Topics Including a Reply to the Plea of Rev. W. J. Mann]
LTR: The acronym for “long-term relationship,” another term born on the Internet.. [Come Hither]
One of the Atomic Energy Commission's former classifications officers, Donald Woodbridge, characterized the term born classified as something that "gives the professional classificationist unanswerable authority.". [NPR Topics: News]
Jamie said, and almost smiled, an expression born more of nervousness than pleasure.. [The Demons Covenant]
"He not busy bein 'born, is busy dyin'" - Bob Dylan bournemouth. [Verizon Cell Phone Problems?]
The term born again began to be popularized during the first presidential campaign of Jimmy Carter.. [Prime Time Preachers: The Rising Power of Televangelism; with an Introduction by T George Harris]