Breathless Wiki - What is the breathless?
What does the word breathless mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word breathless in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with breathless and anagrams of breathless.
Definitions of "breathless"
- Breathing with difficulty; gasping: was breathless from running. adjective
- Marked by the suspension of regular breathing, as from tension or excitement: a breathless audience. adjective
- Causing or capable of causing the suspension of regular breathing; tense or exciting: a breathless flight. adjective
- Not breathing; without breath. adjective
- Dead. adjective
- Having no air or breeze; still: a breathless summer day. adjective
- Having difficulty breathing; gasping. adjective
- That makes one hold one's breath (with excitement etc.). adjective
- Not breathing; apparently dead. adjective
- Having no wind; still, calm or airless. adjective
- Spent with labor or violent action; out of breath. adjective
- Not breathing; holding the breath, on account of fear, expectation, or intense interest; attended with a holding of the breath. adjective
- Dead. adjective
- Without breath; dead.
- Out of breath; spent with labor or exertion.
- That takes away the breath.
- Marked by an apparent forgetfulness to breathe; absorbed; eager; excited.
- tending to cause suspension of regular breathing adjective
- appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse adjective
The word "breathless" in example sentences
The air was in breathless calm, not a needle quivered, and the least sounds of the camp were distinct and clear as trumpet calls.. [IN THE FOREST OF THE NORTH]
BEIJING — China joined the world in breathless coverage of the Chilean mine rescue, but when a gas blast killed 21 Chinese miners and trapped 16 Saturday, the national TV evening news didn't say a word.. [China Coal Mine Explosion Kills 20, Traps More Than 30]
BEIJING mdash; China joined the world in breathless coverage of the Chilean mine rescue, but when a gas blast killed 21 Chinese miners and trapped .... [China Coal Mine Explosion Kills 20, Traps More Than 30]
Watch in breathless awe as I get my personal pronouns mixed up --. [Kung Fu Night! Double Feature: The Swordsman II and Chocolate]
Orphan, flushed, still breathless from the kiss, felt a rare kind of happiness take hold of him; he threw his head back and laughed, and the clouds parted.. [EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT 3/5: The Bookman by Lavie Tidhar]
Now will someone please let me cut line to kiss the POTUS ass in breathless gratitude?. [Matthew Yglesias » The Success of the Public Option Campaign]
Who can visit the Grand Canyon and not be in breathless awe?. [Sacred places around us: Is Talpa a "power place"?]
Trekkies everywhere have been waiting for this day in breathless anticipation.. [The Official Star Trek Trailer Debuts]
Sit back and wait in breathless anticipation for your congratulatory email!. [GIVEAWAY: The X-Files and Stargate: Atlantis DVDs]
You could describe in breathless detail the wine (Century Cellars), the cheese (gorgonzola), and then move on to the good stuff --- swoon over dishy editors, swan over up-coming writers, swing the dishy gossip with the best of 'em.. [Kiddie lit glamor]
I then rattled off in breathless sentences how Grace Young was the only author who told the secret of getting the true scent and flavor of stir fried food on a home stove.. [Tigers & Strawberries » An Evening With Grace Young]
A little breathless from the last few stairs, he sat down and reviewed this morning's work.. [Spice and the Devil's Cave]
Together they waited in breathless suspense, while the speck drew nearer and assumed more definite shape.. [Jacqueline of the Carrier-Pigeons]
"It happened this morning," she went on in short breathless phrases.. [The Reckoning]
Everyone spoke in short, breathless sentences, as though they feared the final crash might come before they could finish.. [The Nebuly Coat]
I don't recall breathless reporters describing the nuances of Newt Gingrich's suit or the cut of. [Brian Copeland: Clothes Make the Woman?]
Breathless TranslatesBreathless English to Turkish Translate
s. nefes nefese, soluğu kesilmiş; nefesini tutmuş, sessiz; soluğu kesen, korkutucu; ölü, cansız; hareketsiz, kımıldamayan. breathlessly z. soluk soluğa. breathlessness i. soluksuzluk.s. nefes nefese, soluğu kesilmiş; nefesini tutmuş, sessiz; soluğu kesen, korkutucu; ölü, cansız; hareketsiz, kımıldamayan. breathlessly z. soluk soluğa. breathlessness i. soluksuzluk.