Busy Wiki - What is the busy?
What does the word busy mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word busy in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with busy and anagrams of busy.
Definitions of "busy"
- Engaged in activity, as work; occupied. adjective
- Sustaining much activity: a busy morning; a busy street. adjective
- Meddlesome; prying. adjective
- Being in use, as a telephone line. adjective
- Cluttered with detail to the point of being distracting: a busy design. adjective
- To make busy; occupy: busied myself preparing my tax return. verb-transitive
- Doing a great deal; having a lot of things to do in the space of time given adjective
- Engaged in another activity or by someone else. adjective
- Having a lot going on; complicated or intricate. adjective
- To make somebody busy, to keep busy with, to occupy, to make occupied. verb
- To rush somebody. verb
- Engaged in some business; hard at work (either habitually or only for the time being); occupied with serious affairs; not idle nor at leisure. adjective
- Constantly at work; diligent; active. adjective
- Crowded with business or activities; -- said of places and times. adjective
- Officious; meddling; foolish active. adjective
- Careful; anxious. adjective
- To make or keep busy; to employ; to engage or keep engaged; to occupy. verb-transitive
- Actively or attentively engaged; closely occupied physically or mentally; intent upon that which one is doing; not at leisure: opposed to idle.
- Active in that which does not concern one; meddling with or prying into the affairs of others; officious; importunate.
The word "busy" in example sentences
As he enters what he calls his busy season, Young is preparing for some trade shows and hopes to have even more announcements as his small company expands its market.. [Ventura County Star Stories]
It's just the beginning of what we call our busy season - spring and summer - when we get swamped with cats.. 
Donovan McNabb posted an update over on his Yardbarker blog about what he calls his busy time of year.. [Bleeding Green Nation]
View full size photo uploaded June 1, 2009 Donovan McNabb posted an update over on his Yardbarker blog about what he calls his busy time of year.. [BallHype - Top Sports News, Videos, and Blogs]
- View full size photo uploaded June 1, 2009 Donovan McNabb posted an update over on his Yardbarker blog about what he calls his busy time of year.. [BallHype - Top Sports News, Videos, and Blogs]
"Gettin 'busy 'cause I'm a star, no spangled banner.". [With a smirk or a scowl, Drake ignites admirers]
So, they live in busy families-these most intelligent and human of all birds.. [Awk Talk: Questions and Answers with Layne Maheu]
Slots, especially at peak times of day and in busy corridors like the Northeast, are valuable to airlines.. [Delta taking alliance talks to other carriers]
I always thought the solution to crime was fairly simple: more cops on the beat (community policing, mounted police, more cops in busy areas like Europe does, dedicated response cars and teams so as to free up the cruisers to actually do their job, etc), more in the lock-up, get the thugs off the streets and stones out of windows.. [Matthew Yglesias » Crime Control We Can Believe In]
Being too busy is no excuse, ignorance is no excuse.. [The Invasion | ATTACKERMAN]
It will, however, leave you with at least one plot point to ponder: Do high-end art thieves really deliver stolen treasures to their fences over lunch in busy, posh Los Angeles restaurants?. [Critic's Corner Tuesday]
Wow. .these office chairs really look like they are the back bones for all those people working in busy shifts and are very busy at office and who have to spend most of the day in office. [Aeron Chair Upgraded, New from Herman Miller the Embody Chair]
Children live in busy, even chaotic, homes where both parents work or where there is only one parent.. [What planet...?]
Now in most cases, a lot of the witnesses are probably just the same, so for this instance to not allow someone to testify/submit evidence, just because of the fact that they are busy is a little crazy.. [Can a busy female politician give reliable evidence? : Law is Cool]
Saying no to being busy is saying yes to time to write.. [The Bottom Line « Write Anything]
Good to see yer keepin 'busy between the muppets and Marvel.. [Kids Read Comics!]
Busy TranslatesBusy English to Turkish Translate
s. meşgul; hareketli, faal; işgüzar, burnunu her işe sokan. busy signal meşgul işareti. busybody i. herkesin işine burnunu sokan kimse.s. meşgul; hareketli, faal; işgüzar, burnunu her işe sokan. busy signal meşgul işareti. busybody i. herkesin işine burnunu sokan kimse.
News about busy
How to Track Santa's Real-Time Location on Christmas Eve
Despite the government shutdown, NORAD is still busy tracking Santa this year. The service, which has been tracking Santa’s Christmas Eve movements since the 50s, when its number was mistakingly given out as a Santa hotline. Read more...
This Three-Ingredient Sausage Gravy Will Improve Your Christmas Morning
Christmas morning is a busy time, particularly if you have children, but it’s also a time for a special, indulgent breakfast, that can be consumed in a leisurely fashion while opening many gifts and sipping on mimosas. A big plate (or bowl) of biscuits and gr…
What School Nurses Want Parents to Know
After ten years of working in big city emergency departments and ICUs, I traded night shifts and fast-paced intensity for a new challenge: school nursing. Because my children were in elementary school and night shifts no longer worked for our family, I figure…