Classic Wiki - What is the classic?
What does the word classic mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word classic in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with classic and anagrams of classic.
Definitions of "classic"
- Belonging to the highest rank or class. adjective
- Serving as the established model or standard. adjective
- Having lasting significance or worth; enduring. adjective
- Adhering or conforming to established standards and principles. adjective
- Of a well-known type; typical. adjective
- Of or characteristic of the literature, art, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome; classical. adjective
- Formal, refined, and restrained in style. adjective
- Simple and harmonious; elegant. adjective
- Having historical or literary associations. adjective
- An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance. noun
- A work recognized as definitive in its field. noun
- A literary work of ancient Greece or Rome. noun
- The languages and literature of ancient Greece and Rome. Used with the. noun
- One that is of the highest rank or class. noun
- A typical or traditional example. noun