Commercial Wiki - What is the commercial?
What does the word commercial mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word commercial in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with commercial and anagrams of commercial.
Definitions of "commercial"
- Of or relating to commerce. adjective
- Engaged in commerce. adjective
- Relating to or being goods that are produced and distributed in large quantities. adjective
- Having profit as a chief aim. adjective
- Intended for or appealing to a large audience. adjective
- Sponsored by an advertiser or paid for by advertising. adjective
- An advertisement in audio or video form. noun
- Pertaining or relating to commerce or trade; of the nature of commerce: as, commercial concerns; commercial relations; a commercial transaction.
- Carrying on commerce; characterized by devotion to commerce: as, a commercial community.
- Proceeding or accruing from trade: as, commercial benefits or profits.
- Devoted to commerce: as, a commercial career.
- Prepared for the market, or merely as an article of commerce; hence, not entirely or chemically pure: as, commercial soda, silver, etc.
- Synonyms See
- Of or pertaining to commerce; carrying on or occupied with commerce or trade; mercantile. adjective
- a school for giving instruction in commercial knowledge and business. adjective
- See under
- a small size of writing paper, usually about 5 by 71/2 or 8 inches. adjective
The word "commercial" in example sentences
Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) or unsolicited commercial email (UCE), is the practice of sending unwanted e-mail messages, frequently with *commercial* content, in large quantities to an indiscriminate set of recipients.. [Jerome R. Corsi's #1 bestseller "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality."]
BUT, where it gets distracting for me — and IMO bad for commercial fiction — is where the *commercial* aspect outweighs the *fiction* aspect.. [There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch]
BUT, where it gets distracting for me — and IMO bad for commercial fiction — is where the *commercial* aspect outweighs the *fiction* aspect.. [Dear Author: Romance Novel Reviews, Industry News, and Commentary » There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch » Print]
I was wondering if you could give us the geographic breakout of the term commercial real estate and construction loans you have remaining on. [SeekingAlpha.com: Home Page]
In our release, you can see that nonperforming loan category totaled $89.7 million as of December 31, and that category includes commercial construction project, commercial lot loans as well as the term commercial loans.. [Financial Sector and Stocks Analysis from Seeking Alpha]
In our release, you can see that nonperforming loan category totaled $89.7 million as of December 31, and that category includes commercial construction project, commercial lot loans as well as the term commercial loans.. [SeekingAlpha.com: Home Page]
The client desired t have a high listing for the term commercial photographer and we have him at number three as of the writing of this article.. [Shaister Miester Do Da]
For these reasons the term commercial speech should be interpreted broadly to encompass all expression by for-profit corporations.. [The Situationist]
The message of the commercial is also 100% correct.. [First Look: First Rubio for Senate TV Ad. | RedState]
For those who got their teenage music from AM Radio, anything that goes longer than 3 minutes without a commercial is a rock opera.. [Matthew Yglesias » My Generation]
This commercial is actually banned in the states south of Kentucky.. [Another Brett Ratner-directed Guitar Hero Commercial | /Film]
"Every other commercial is about politics," she said.. [Political spending races toward record $5.3B]
What they edited out of the commercial is the ~10-20 seconds of dead time while EDGE initiates communication with the network.. [Scripting News for 6/12/2007 « Scripting News Annex]
In you parlance, this commercial is also for the brain damaged, it just happens to be for brain damaged people like you.. [A Commercial for Christmas]
(Full disclosure – that enticing specimen of a man in the commercial is myself). [BWE SPORTS: Want To Play For the Kansas City Royals? It’s Even Easier Than You Think! | Best Week Ever]
Some of the things the Treasury has done, for example, standing behind what they call commercial papers.. [CNN Transcript Oct 9, 2008]