Congenial Wiki - What is the congenial?
congenial wiki coming soon..
What does the word congenial mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word congenial in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with congenial and anagrams of congenial.
Definitions of "congenial"
- Having the same tastes, habits, or temperament; sympathetic. adjective
- Of a pleasant disposition; friendly and sociable: a congenial host. adjective
- Suited to one's needs or nature; agreeable: congenial surroundings. adjective
- having the same or very similar nature, personality, tastes, habits or interests adjective
- friendly or sociable adjective
- suitable to one's needs adjective
- Partaking of the same nature; allied by natural characteristics; kindred; sympathetic. adjective
- Naturally adapted; suited to the disposition. adjective
- capable of cross-fertilization or of being grafted; -- used of plants. adjective
- Partaking of the same nature or natural characteristics; kindred; like.
- Hence Suited or adapted in character or feeling; pleasing or agreeable; harmonious; sympathetic; companionable.
- Naturally suited or adapted; having fitness or correspondence; agreeable; pleasing: as, congenial work.
- Synonyms Pleasing, Agreeable, etc. See pleasant.
- (used of plants) capable of cross-fertilization or of being grafted adjective
- suitable to your needs adjective
The word "congenial" in example sentences
Pointing out that a claim I find congenial is bullshit is a symptom of class and gender privilege.. [Shorter Zuzu]
"We will review our stated position only if we are satisfied that the viability of the project is not being impinged, the integral nature of the mother plant and our ancillary units are being maintained and all stakeholders are committed to develop a long-term congenial environment for smooth operations of the plant," a Tata spokesman said in a statement.. [Tata Idles Work on Plant Despite Protests' End]
The woman who earns a competence in congenial work insists on economic standards which are often beyond the capacity of the men whom she knows and might possibly marry.. [Homemaking and Careers]
Suffering and death and all ugliness were forgotten in congenial and healthful companionship.. [Love and Life Behind the Purdah]
From the mangrove swamps at the mouths of turbid, sluggish rivers, where numberless alligators dwell in congenial slime, the State gradually rises inland, passing through all the imaginable wealth of tropical vegetation and produce till it becomes hilly, if not mountainous.. [The Golden Chersonese and the Way Thither]
A Tata Motors spokesperson told ET: â€œWe will review our stated position only if we are satisfied that the viability of the project is not being impinged, the integral nature of the mother plant and our ancillary units are being maintained and all stakeholders are committed to develop a long-term congenial environment. â€. [Top Stories - Google News]
Japan promptly set about engaging the modern world on terms congenial to its own political priorities--not those of outsiders.. [Ian Fletcher: Japan, the Forgotten Protectionist Threat]
But again, if we say that the congenial is the same as the good, in that case the good and he only will be the friend of the good.. [Lysis; or Friendship]
As the man on the suit-case gazed about him at the general air of dilapidation and neglect characteristic of a country town on the down grade, and recalled the congenial life of the city which he had left, with all its busy competition, with all its absorbing activities, the companionship of the men he loved, and the restful, inspiring intimacy with a certain young woman, he felt, for the moment, a pang of homesickness.. [Hepsey Burke]
The party at Broadstone was not in what might be called a congenial condition.. [The Captain's Toll-Gate]
I am somewhat uncomfortable with Dewey's use of terms like "congenial" and "enjoyed experience.". [John Dewey's *Art as Experience*]
He seems a bit of a lightweight, to me — he’s mainly known as a congenial talking head on television news.. [He’s Not Just a Surgeon, He’s Also a General « Gerry Canavan]
Perhaps worst of all in this connection is his nonargument against what he calls the "congenial" view that we are all — German and non-German alike — in the grip of what he has someone else call "cosmic forces" but which in reality are the determinant influences of supranational and interreacting social systems.. [The Nazi Disease]
After the dinner he shook hands with people, delivered himself of a number of snappy brusqueries, laughed a good bit and, almost the last to leave the charmed precinct where he had unbosomed himself among "congenial" souls, he wandered out.. [The Masques of Ottawa]
The authors describe these environments as "congenial" to the development of homosexuality.. [Anglican Mainstream]
His book gets better and better as it progresses ” not because Dickens's novels become more 'congenial' to him (all of Dickens is congenial), but because they come closer and closer to his own central concern as a critic: that fateful and unforgettable place where three roads meet ” myth, self, and society.. [My First Serial Killer]
Congenial TranslatesCongenial English to Turkish Translate
(s). uygun; cana yakın, hoş.(s). uygun; cana yakın, hoş.