Considerable Wiki - What is the considerable?
What does the word considerable mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word considerable in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with considerable and anagrams of considerable.
Definitions of "considerable"
- Large in amount, extent, or degree: a writer of considerable influence. adjective
- Worthy of consideration; significant: The economy was a considerable issue in the campaign. adjective
- Informal A considerable amount, extent, or degree. noun
- Significant; worth considering. adjective
- Large in amount. adjective
- Worthy of consideration; requiring to be observed, borne in mind, or attended to. adjective
- Of some distinction; noteworthy; influential; respectable; -- said of persons. adjective
- Of importance or value. adjective
- That may be considered; that is to be observed, remarked, or attended to.
- Worthy of consideration; worthy of regard or attention.
- Of distinction; deserving of notice; important.
- Of somewhat large amount or extent; of not a little importance from its effects or results; decidedly more than the average: as, a man of considerable influence; a considerable estate.
- A thing of importance or interest. noun
- Much; not a little: as, he has done considerable for the community; I found considerable to detain me. noun
- large or relatively large in number or amount or extent or degree adjective
The word "considerable" in example sentences
In colonial Maryland, whites complained to judicial authorities that slaves were “drunke on the Lords Day beating their Negro drums by which they call considerable Number of Negroes together in some Certaine places.”. [A Renegade History of the United States]
So those of you thinking about going hiking maybe this weekend into the Colorado Rockies, down to the San Juan, across the Wasatch and Siuwincas (ph) and up into parts of Idaho and Montana, we have what we call a considerable threat of avalanche danger in the back country areas.. [CNN Transcript Feb 18, 2007]
As far as avalanche is concerned, there is still what they call considerable avalanche danger.. [CNN Transcript Dec 18, 2006]
This, then, was the place where Piper had toiled in what he referred to as considerable inconvenience.. [The Magyar Venus]
Here was a chance to get back at him for his stinging comments and to prove him wrong about his ability to resist what he called her considerable charms.. [The Charade]
In your next you must say how much Lead you want, we do not Know what you call a considerable quantity, it may be 100 lbs or a Ton it is difficult to get 5 lbs to the square-foot would not 4 lbs answer? we shall have to procure it in New York, there is very little here --. [Letters to and from Jefferson, 1824 [a machine-readable transcription]]
However, the Paris-based think tank added the U.S. is expected to gain considerable momentum in 2012.. [World Watch]
Please be assured that I know about the 'minority perspective' in considerable detail.. [Prince in 'Sensible' Shocker]
Getting there took 10 minutes, and I was now in considerable pain from the new shoes; they seemed to be cutting into my ankles.. [How to Write in 700 Easy Lessons]
Although it recognized (and discussed in considerable detail) all of the relevant US precedents (including the Cablevision and Sony cases), and recognized them as persuasive authority, it nonetheless held against RecordTV and enjoined their rollout of the internet-based RS-DVR system.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Copyright Action, Singapore Dep’t]
Although it recognized (and discussed in considerable detail) all of the relevant US precedents (including the Cablevision and Sony cases), and recognized them as persuasive authority ..... [The Volokh Conspiracy » Copyright Action, Singapore Dep’t]
After looking in considerable detail, the court concluded the presence of a majority was sufficient.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Does Marshall Field v. Clark Preclude a Challenge to “Deem and Pass”?]
The Carbondale attorney issued a 21-page platform on the state's tax structure and economic development, laying out in considerable detail his ideas for fixing the structural budget deficit and building a full employment economy.. [Jeff Biggers: Perpetrate a Fraud? 361,000 Votes Later, LWV/IL Broadcasters Block Green Gov Candidate From Debate?]
•Chuck (NBC, 8 ET/PT) ends its season tonight with a hoped-for wedding, a host of guest stars — including Scott Bakula, Chevy Chase, Morgan Fairchild and Bruce Boxleitner — and its future in considerable doubt.. [Critic's Corner Monday]
The 86-page document lays out its rules in considerable depth.. [European Soccer Goes Feudal]
Economists have studied this issue in considerable detail.. [Matthew Yglesias » Cutting the Stimulus]