Constant Wiki - What is the constant?
What does the word constant mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word constant in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with constant and anagrams of constant.
Definitions of "constant"
- Continually occurring; persistent: synonym: continual. adjective
- Regularly recurring. adjective
- Unchanging in nature, value, or extent; invariable. adjective
- Steadfast in purpose, loyalty, or affection; faithful. synonym: faithful. adjective
- Something that is unchanging or invariable. noun
- A quantity assumed to have a fixed value in a specified mathematical context. noun
- An experimental or theoretical condition, factor, or quantity that does not vary or that is regarded as invariant in specified circumstances. noun
- Fixed; not varying; unchanging; permanent; immutable; invariable.
- Specifically In natural history, not subject to variation; not varying in number, form, color, appearance, etc., in the species or group; always present: as, the middle stria is constant, though the lateral ones are often absent; the reniform spot is constant, but the other markings are subject to variation.
- Continuing for a long or considerable length of time; continual; enduring; lasting in or retaining a state, quality, or attribute; incessant; ceaseless: as, constant change.
- Regularly recurring; continually renewed or reiterated; continual: persistent: as, the constant ticking of a clock; the constant repetition of a word; constant moans or complaints.
- Fixed or firm in mind, purpose, or principle; not easily swayed; unshaken; steady; stable; firm or unchanging, as in affection or duty; faithful; true; loyal; trusty.
- Fixed in belief or determination; insistent; positive.
- Fixed; stable; solid: opposed to fluid.
- Strong; steady.
- Consistent; logical; reasonable.
- Indisputably true; evident.
- Synonyms and Steadfast, stable, unchanging, unalterable, invariable, perpetual, continual; resolute, firm, stanch, unshaken, unwavering, determined; persevering, assiduous, unremitting; trusty.