Copyright Wiki - What is the copyright?
What does the word copyright mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word copyright in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with copyright and anagrams of copyright.
Definitions of "copyright"
- The legal right granted to an author, composer, playwright, publisher, or distributor to exclusive publication, production, sale, or distribution of a literary, musical, dramatic, or artistic work. noun
- Of or relating to a copyright. adjective
- Protected by copyright. adjective
- To secure a copyright for. transitive verb
- Exclusive right to multiply and to dispose of copies of an intellectual production (Drone); the right which the law affords for protecting the produce of man's intellectual industry from being made use of by others without adequate recompense to him (Broom and Hadley). noun
- To secure a copyright of, as a book or play, by complying with the requirements of the law; enter for copyright.
- To secure a copyright on. transitive verb
- The right of an author or his assignee, under statute, to print and publish his literary or artistic work, exclusively of all other persons. This right may be had in maps, charts, engravings, plays, and musical compositions, as well as in books. noun
- an author's right in his productions as secured by treaty between nations. noun
- The right by law to be the entity which determines who may publish, copy and distribute a piece of writing, music, picture or other work of authorship. noun
- Such an exclusive right as it pertains to one or more specific works. noun
- To place under a copyright. verb
- To obtain or secure a copyright for some literary or other artistic work. verb
- secure a copyright on a written work verb
- a document granting exclusive right to publish and sell literary or musical or artistic work noun