Corona Wiki - What is the corona?
What does the word corona mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word corona in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with corona and anagrams of corona.
Definitions of "corona"
- A faintly colored luminous ring or halo appearing to surround a celestial body when viewed through a haze or thin cloud, especially such a ring around the moon or sun, caused by scattering or diffraction of light from suspended particulate matter in the intervening medium. noun
- The luminous irregular envelope of extremely hot and highly ionized gas located outside the chromosphere of the sun. noun
- The projecting top part of a cornice. noun
- A cigar with a long tapering body and blunt ends. noun
- The crownlike upper portion of a bodily part or structure, such as the top of the head. noun
- A crown-shaped, funnel-shaped, or trumpet-shaped outgrowth or appendage of the perianth of certain flowers, such as a daffodil. noun
- A faint glow enveloping the high-field electrode in a corona discharge, often accompanied by streamers directed toward the low-field electrode. noun
- In zoology, the upper, branched portion of a crinoid, as distinguised from the stem or columna. noun
- See the extract. noun
- A cucullus or hood. noun
- The ring of primary wood in the medullary sheath. noun
- Same as
aurora, 5. noun
- A phenomenon seen when an artificial cloud is viewed by transmitted light; an artificial halo. noun
- A crown. noun
- Specifically Among the Romans, a crown or garland bestowed as a reward for distinguished military service. noun
- In architecture, a member of a cornice situated between the bed-molding and the cymatium. noun
- [LL.] Eccles., the horizontal stripe running around a miter at the lower edge, surrounding the head of the wearer. See