Crucial Wiki - What is the crucial?
What does the word crucial mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word crucial in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with crucial and anagrams of crucial.
Definitions of "crucial"
- Extremely significant or important: a crucial problem. adjective
- Vital to the resolution of a crisis; decisive: a crucial election. See Synonyms at decisive. adjective
- Archaic Having the form of a cross; cross-shaped. adjective
- Being essential or decisive for determining the outcome or future of something; extremely important. adjective
- Cruciform or cruciate; cross-shaped. adjective
- Term of approval, particularly when applied to reggae music. adjective
- Having the form of a cross; appertaining to a cross; cruciform; intersecting. adjective
- Severe; trying or searching, as if bringing to the cross; decisive. adjective
- Having the form of a cross; transverse; intersecting; decussating: as, a crucial incision.
- In anatomy, specifically applied to two stout decussating ligaments in the interior of the knee-joint, connecting the spine of the tibia with the intercondyloid fossa of the femur.
- Decisive, as between two hypotheses; finally disproving one of two alternative suppositions.
- Of or pertaining to a crucible; like a heated crucible as a utensil of chemical analysis.
- Pertaining to or like a cross as an instrument of torture for eliciting the truth; excessively strict and severe: said of a proceeding of inquiry.
- of the greatest importance adjective
- of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis adjective
- having crucial relevance adjective
The word "crucial" in example sentences
Averroes has, unlike Avicenna, made the way something is picked out by the term crucial in determining what kind of modal proposition is produced.. [Arabic and Islamic Philosophy of Language and Logic]
Javier Solana, the European Union's foreign-policy representative, welcomed Tuesday what he described as a crucial step in a "historic process" to bring stability to the troubled Caucasus region.. [Responses to Turkey-Armenia Pact Point to Hurdles Ahead]
BASH: McCain says he's going to Colombia to spotlight his support for free trade, which he calls crucial to jump-starting the U.S. economy -- a sharp difference with Barack Obama.. [CNN Transcript Jul 1, 2008]
BASH: McCain says he's going to Colombia to spotlight his support for free trade which he calls crucial to jump-starting the U.S. economy.. [CNN Transcript Jul 1, 2008]
BASH: McCain says he's going Colombia to spotlight his support for free trade, which he calls crucial to jump starting the U.S. economy, a sharp difference with Barack Obama.. [CNN Transcript Jul 1, 2008]
BASH: McCain says he's going to Colombia to spotlight his support for free trade, which he calls crucial to jump starting the U.S. economy.. [CNN Transcript Jul 2, 2008]
France in a bid to drum up support for the plan, which he called a crucial part of efforts to lead the world's poorest continent down the path to economic prosperity.. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
Mark D. Wallace, president of United Against Nuclear Iran, said in a telephone interview that the group might seek Congressional hearings on Iran's Swift membership, which he described as crucial to the country's economic survival.. [NYT > Home Page]
The North Saturday threatened to shell the speakers and said it could turn Seoul "into a sea of flame", in what it called a crucial declaration repeated on Pyongyang's official news agency Monday.. [Latest News - Yahoo!7 News]
Graham fears deep newsroom cuts would eviscerate local reporting, which he called crucial to "the health of the city.". [Fore, right!]
INDIAN RIVER COUNTY - Dropout prevention teachers are concerned students might quit school if what they call a crucial student program is eliminated later this month.. [tcpalm.com Stories]
During a speech in Victoria on Monday, Ignatieff said his party doesn't believe there should be tanker traffic in what he called a crucial area of the province.. [Liblogs.ca latest blog entries]
Ed Balls, then an obscure editorial writer for The Financial Times, wrote a report in 1992 identifying what he termed a crucial flaw in the plans for the euro: Europe lacked the type of federal taxes and transfer payments used in the United States to ease economic divergences among its many states.. [NYT > Home Page]
Brian Rittman told Channel 13 News he hopes the judge will allow a jury to see what he calls a crucial piece of evidence.. 
South Korea today expressed regret over the suspension of what it called a crucial channel of contact.. [Top Stories - Google News]
Then, he added what he called a crucial ingredient.. [Durangoherald.com]
Crucial TranslatesCrucial English to Turkish Translate
önemli. çok önemli. kesin. son.önemli. çok önemli. kesin. son.