Cylindroid Wiki - What is the cylindroid?
Cylindroid Elliptic cylinder, a cylinder with an ellipse as its cross-section An adjectival form of Cylinder (geometry), regardless of cross-section Plücker's conoid, a self-intersecting ruled surface whose cross-sections are pairs of crossing lines.
What does the word cylindroid mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word cylindroid in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with cylindroid and anagrams of cylindroid.
Definitions of "cylindroid"
- A cylindrical surface or solid, all of whose sections perpendicular to the elements are elliptical. noun
- Resembling a cylinder. adjective
- A cylinder with elliptical cross-section. noun
- A certain three-dimensional surface described by a moving straight line, used to illustrate the motions of a rigid body and the forces that act upon it. noun
- A solid body resembling a right cylinder, but having the bases or ends elliptical. noun
- A certain surface of the third degree, described by a moving straight line; -- used to illustrate the motions of a rigid body and also the forces acting on the body. noun
- A solid body bounded by a cylindrical surface cut orthogonally by elliptical bases. noun
- A conoidal cubic surface whose equation is z(x + y)—2 axy = 0. noun
- Having the form of a cylinder with equal and parallel elliptical bases.
- In anthropology, a cranium the norma vertical is of which is elongated, flattened at the forehead and occiput, and rounded at the sides. noun
- In pathology, a body resembling a tube-cast, consisting usually only of mucus. noun
The word "cylindroid" in example sentences
It appeared to be of fixed shape, a cylindroid almost ten kilometers in length and two in diameter, majestically rotating on its long axis, mother-of-pearl iridescent.. [The Boat of a Million Years]
In a hold, among cases of supplies for the research team on Gwinsai, he was surprised to recognize a lean cylindroid, one hundred twenty centimeters long.. [The Earth Book of Stormgate]
Under-gravitationally speaking, above-the ship's skin, there was a five-meter space running almost the whole length of the cylindroid.. [Starways]
She was a big cylindroid, two hundred and forty meters long from the blunt nose to the gravitic focusing cones at the stern, forty meters in diameter.. [Starways]
A smaller calculus, which has been called coralline, is also cylindroid, with a number of brown, rough, crystalline oxalate of lime branches and whitish depressions of carbonate.. [Special Report on Diseases of the Horse]
The larger calculi, sometimes weighing 12 to 24 ounces, are molded in the pelvis of the kidney into a cylindroid mass, with irregular rounded swellings at intervals.. [Special Report on Diseases of the Horse]
In mathematical modeling and experiments testing the efficacy of several conditions: drug or dye with no particles; particles coated with fluorescein dye, positive or negative charge; and particles coated with anti-cancer drug doxorubicin, positive or negative charge, the UMass Amherst researchers show that gold nanoparticles move and localize differently in the 3-D cylindroid tumor tissue, depending on whether the nanoparticles are positively or negatively charged.. [Newswise: Latest News]
But by experimenting with different payloads carried on the gold nanoparticles in the new tumor cylindroid device,. [Newswise: Latest News]
Cylindroid TranslatesCylindroid English to Turkish Translate
Cylindroid turkish translate not found!