Dear Wiki - What is the dear?
What does the word dear mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word dear in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with dear and anagrams of dear.
Definitions of "dear"
- Severe; grievous; sore. adjective
- Loved and cherished. adjective
- Greatly valued; precious. adjective
- Highly esteemed or regarded. Used in direct address, especially in salutations. adjective
- High-priced; expensive. adjective
- Charging high prices. adjective
- Earnest; ardent. adjective
- Noble; worthy. adjective
- Heartfelt. adjective
- A person who is greatly loved. Often used as a form of address. noun
- An endearing, lovable, or kind person. noun
- With fondness; affectionately. adverb
- At a high cost. adverb
- Used as a polite exclamation, chiefly of surprise or distress. interjection
- Dearly; very tenderly.
- At a dear rate; at a high price.
- Precious; of great value; highly esteemed or valued.