Delicious Wiki - What is the delicious?
What does the word delicious mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word delicious in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with delicious and anagrams of delicious.
Definitions of "delicious"
- Highly pleasing or agreeable to the senses, especially of taste or smell. adjective
- Very pleasant; delightful: a delicious revenge. adjective
- Pleasing to taste; tasty. adjective
- Metaphorically pleasing to taste; pleasing to the eyes or mind. adjective
- Affording exquisite pleasure; delightful; most sweet or grateful to the senses, especially to the taste; charming. adjective
- Addicted to pleasure; seeking enjoyment; luxurious; effeminate. adjective
- Pleasing in the highest degree; most sweet or grateful to the senses; affording exquisite pleasure: as, a delicious viand; a delicious odor; delicious fruit or wine.
- Most pleasing to the mind; yielding exquisite delight; delightful.
- Delicate; luxurious; dainty; addicted to or seeking pleasure.
- Synonyms Delicious, Delightful, luscious, savory. Delicious is highly agreeable to some sense, generally that of taste, sometimes that of smell or of hearing. Delightful is highly agreeable to the mind; it is always supersensuous, except perhaps as sight or hearing is sometimes the immediate means to high mental pleasure. Delicious food, odors, music; delightful thoughts, hopes, anticipations, news.
- extremely pleasing to the sense of taste adjective
- variety of sweet eating apples noun
- greatly pleasing or entertaining adjective
The word "delicious" in example sentences
Martin Ramin for The Wall Street Journal 2010 Saracco 2010 Saracco Moscato d'Asti, $16 The word "great" is rarely, if ever, applied to Moscato d'Asti, but the word "delicious" would not be amiss in describing this light, bright, slightly fizzy white with notes of pear and white flower from one of the best Moscato producers in Piedmont.. [Enjoying Good Wines With a Violin Great]
In this recipe, the chef elevates what he calls "delicious peasant food" with two Moroccan-inflected sauces: a lime-coriander yogurt and a tapenade made with dates and Lucques olives.. [Sardines with Olive-Date Tapenade and Yogurt]
Goldberg did serve as an informal adviser to Tripp during the months in which she was taping conversations with Lewinsky, and Goldberg relished hearing what she called the delicious "dish" about the president.. [Sex, Lies And The President]
About “gravlax” which I called a delicious fermented salmon dish, something some of you Americans thought was funny:. [Evolution versus "Intelligent Design" - The Panda's Thumb]
He likes how she says the word "delicious," so she repeats it three times: "Delicious, delicious, delicious.". [The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com]
He resides near Jocotepec, Jalisco, in "delicious" remote mountainside privacy.. [Allyn Hunt]
Sometimes I pick wines because they are just plain delicious, but it goes beyond that.. [New York Cork Club]
EW, your clips are delicious from a menu of mutton.. ['Sound Bites': Your favorite TV clip this week? | EW.com]
I am very much of the belief that a walk or a subway ride for something really delicious is alwasy worth it.. [PROFILE: Midtown Lunch’er “Michael Psilakis” PLUS a Lamb Cookbook Giveaway | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan]
Or at least Long Island: the idea of Pamela Geller getting evicted and replaced by a Palestinian family has a certain delicious symmetry to it. feckless Says:. [Matthew Yglesias » Gaza in Context]
I can tell you that 2 hours into it, the broth is so friggin 'delicious!. [Carne guisada, Tex-Mex stew | Homesick Texan]
I dined on it nightly at Terme di Saturnia where it was grilled to perfection tableside on a sizzling hot stone, slathered in delicious olive oil and topped with fresh ground pepper.. [Susan Fogwell: Hidden Italy's Pitigliano Remains off the Tourist Grid]
In addition, many soaps and shampoos come in delicious scents that can be tempting for a child.. [Home Safety]
Two helpings of Smokin 'Okies beans, no matter how delicious, is excessive.. [Things I learned this weekend]
Sometimes it's good to take a step back and drink a wine that is just plain delicious to drink with your dinner -- now, not with any aging the cellar.. [The New York Cork Report]
So I've been working away on the museums API wiki (possibly better known as 'museums and re-usable shareable data' but hey ho), tagging links 'mw2009' in delicious, and following up some contacts with email conversations.. [A quick summary of my MW2009]
Delicious TranslatesDelicious English to Turkish Translate
(s). Ieziz, lezzetli, nefis, güzel, tatlı. deliciously (z). nefis bir şekilde.(s). Ieziz, lezzetli, nefis, güzel, tatlı. deliciously (z). nefis bir şekilde.