Deny Wiki - What is the deny?
Denial, in ordinary English usage, is asserting that a statement or allegation is not true. Deny may also refer to:.
What does the word deny mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word deny in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with deny and anagrams of deny.
Definitions of "deny"
- To declare untrue; contradict. verb-transitive
- To refuse to believe; reject. verb-transitive
- To refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disavow. verb-transitive
- To decline to grant or allow; refuse: deny the student's request; denied the prisoner food or water. verb-transitive
- To give a refusal to; turn down or away: The protesters were determined not to be denied. verb-transitive
- To restrain (oneself) especially from indulgence in pleasures. verb-transitive
- To not allow. verb
- To assert that something is not true. verb
- To disallow verb
- to refuse to give or grant something to someone verb
- To prevent from scoring. verb
- To answer in ��� negative; to declare an assertion not to be true. verb-intransitive
- To declare not to be true; to gainsay; to contradict; -- opposed to affirm, allow, or admit. verb-transitive
- To refuse (to do something or to accept something); to reject; to decline; to renounce. verb-transitive
- To refuse to grant; to withhold; to refuse to gratify or yield to. verb-transitive
- To disclaim connection with, responsibility for, and the like; to refuse to acknowledge; to disown; to abjure; to disavow. verb-transitive
- To say “no” or “nay” to; gainsay; contradict.
- To declare to be untrue or untenable; reject as false or erroneous; refuse to admit, accept, or believe: as, to deny an accusation, or the truth of a statement or a theory; to deny a, doctrine.
- To refuse; refuse to grant or give; withhold or withhold from: as, to deny bread to the hungry; to deny a request.
The word "deny" in example sentences
But whosoever shall deny me before men, _him will I also deny_ before my Father which is in heaven "(Ibid, 32, 33).. [The Freethinker's Text Book, Part II. Christianity: Its Evidences, Its Origin, Its Morality, Its History]
"Had Congress wished to bar private employers from discriminating against debtors in their hiring decisions, it could have done so by adding the phrase 'deny employment' to [the law] when it amended [the law] in 1994 and again in 2005.". [Red Room: Donna Ballman: Potential Employees Beware: Some Employment Laws Hate Job Seekers]
What I deny is that it had anything to do with a ‘free market’.. [Matthew Yglesias » System-Building]
But one thing I can't deny is that Elena's interactions with the seven were highly entertaining.. [Archangel's Kiss Spoiler Thread]
What I do deny is that we have been inconsistent with respect to our view of the Constitution.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » “Federalist Society Types” Were Committed to Judicial Enforcement of Federalism Long Before Obamacare]
Meanwhile, Repugs time and again deny our heros aid and exploit the tragety every single chance they get.. [Think Progress » Brown Justifies Denying 9/11 Rescue Workers Aid: ‘We Had To Take Care Of Our Own Priorities First’]
What I deny is that either Ho Chi Minh or Che were any sense their moral equivalents.. [Matthew Yglesias » The Real Bill Ayers Kind Of Sucks]
One thing Hillary Clinton supporters can not deny is Obama's campaign has been much more disciplined and effective, has had no turn-over in key campaign ranks, has properly managed its finances, versus the circus that is Hillary Clinton's campaign, surprising considering her "experience" should have got her a better campaign staff.. [Clinton rallies union in Puerto Rico]
Having supported the Clintons and lived through the Clinton years, I have no desire to listen to them blame, complain deny and lie again.. [Bill Clinton says race card allegation 'revolting strategy']
One thing no one can deny is how direspectful the media has been against clinton.. [Core constituency laments Clinton's exit]
One of the rights few would deny is the right to life, yet no one claims this means Joe Supercop of Sydney, Australia, has to fly to Hamtramck, Mi, because Vicki Victim is having a knife pointed at her.. [A Bland and Deadly Courtesy]
The official transcript of the speech uses the word deny but I was typing it up as I heard it at the time on the thread, and Obama used the word acknowledge in it's place.. [John McCain approves another devastating attack.]
However, what ateleologists often deny is that their rejection of intentionality as a basis for life is also a metaphysical speculation.. [Another Chink in a Worldview's Armor?]
"Admit-deny is when you give someone a financial-aid package that is so rotten that you hope they get the message: 'Don't come,'" says Mark Heffron, a senior vice-president at Noel-Levitz, one of the largest enrollment-management consulting companies.. [The Best Class Money Can Buy]
Bruce looked steadfastly on the sage: Then if thy voice utter holy verity, it will not again deny my call to wield the power that Heaven bestows!. [The Scottish Chiefs]
Say, father, with your leave, in heaven who dares my word deny?. [A Select Collection of Old English Plays, Volume 6]
Deny TranslatesDeny English to Turkish Translate
(f). inkâr etmek; tekzip etmek, reddetmek; mahrum etmek; esirgemek, vermemek; yalanlamak; kaçınmak, imtina etmek kırmak. deny oneself feragat etmek.(f). inkâr etmek; tekzip etmek, reddetmek; mahrum etmek; esirgemek, vermemek; yalanlamak; kaçınmak, imtina etmek kırmak. deny oneself feragat etmek.
News about deny
Didn’t think Facebook could get any worse? Think again.
Just about 24 hours ago, we published a story recapping Facebook's terrible 2018. But the year isn't over, and it looks like the drama is going to continue until the bitter end. According to an investigation by The New York Times, citing interviews with over …
How Trump Could Wind up Making Globalism Great Again
OK, so it was never great in the first place. But the rise of rank nationalists could finally—perversely—spark an era of progress and cooperation for all humanity.
Israeli Cyber-Intelligence Firm Denies Role in Khashoggi Murder, But Won't 'Deny or Confirm' Saudi Sales
One of the co-founders of the Israeli cyber-intelligence firm behind the powerful phone-surveillance software Pegasus, NSO Group, has denied that their products were involved in the Saudi Arabian government’s torture and murder of journalist in self-imposed e…