Diagram Wiki - What is the diagram?
A diagram is a symbolic representation of information according to some visualization technique. Diagrams have been used since ancient times, but became more prevalent during the Enlightenment. Sometimes, the technique uses a three-dimensional visualization which is then projected onto a two-dimensional surface. The word graph is sometimes used as a synonym for diagram. .
What does the word diagram mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word diagram in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with diagram and anagrams of diagram.
Definitions of "diagram"
- A plan, sketch, drawing, or outline designed to demonstrate or explain how something works or to clarify the relationship between the parts of a whole. noun
- Mathematics A graphic representation of an algebraic or geometric relationship. noun
- A chart or graph. noun
- To indicate or represent by or as if by a diagram. verb-transitive
- A plan, drawing, sketch or outline to show how something works, or show the relationships between the parts of a whole. noun
- A graph or chart. noun
- A functor from an index category to another category. The objects and morphisms of the index category need not have any internal substance, but rather merely outline the connective structure of at least some part of the diagram's codomain. If the index category is J and the codomain is C, then the diagram is said to be "of type J in C". noun
- To represent or indicate something using a diagram. verb
- A figure or drawing made to illustrate a statement, or facilitate a demonstration; a plan. noun
- Any simple drawing made for mathematical or scientific purposes, or to assist a verbal explanation which refers to it; a mechanical drawing, as distinguished from an artistical one. noun
- To put into the form of a diagram. verb-transitive
- To draw or put into the form of a diagram; make a diagram of.
- In geometry, a drawing or scheme delineated for the purpose of demonstrating the properties of any figure by observations on the geometrical relations of its parts. noun
- An illustrative figure giving only the outlines or a general scheme (not an exact representation) of the object; a figure for ascertaining or exhibiting certain relations between objects under discussion by means of analogous relations between the parts of the figure. noun
- In old music, a table representing all the sounds of the system; a musical scale. noun
- A diagram in which the accelerations of particles are represented in magnitude and direction by lines drawn from points showing the positions of those particles. noun
- A diagram in which the displacements of particles are represented in magnitude and direction by lines drawn from points showing the positions of those particles. noun
- a drawing intended to explain how something works; a drawing showing the relation between the parts noun
- make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed verb
The word "diagram" in example sentences
C7's front (top) compared to the label diagram of a model code RM-718 that just got FCC approval, featuring quadband EDGE, HSPA 850/. [Engadget Mobile]
Never had a chance to meet my grandma, but this diagram is also true for the very old lady I call upon from time to time.. [Sure, more tea sounds great.]
At least, I think the Bob Morris who made this diagram is the same Floridian humorist who I've been loosely keeping up with for the last fifteen years.. [I wrote this for me. Wait. No I didn't ...]
Not sure who put this together first, but that Venn diagram is the same as the Hedgehog Concept in Jim Collin's Good to Great.. [The Road To Happiness In Your Work Lies In The Hooray! Zone | Lifehacker Australia]
I don't think it's really inconsistent at all - I think that the underlying goal of this diagram is to show that we should be doing what we want to be doing; not necessarily what we can do well.. [The Road To Happiness In Your Work Lies In The Hooray! Zone | Lifehacker Australia]
The diagram is about being happy doing what you enjoy.. [The Road To Happiness In Your Work Lies In The Hooray! Zone | Lifehacker Australia]
That diagram is missing a few very important steps outside of the manufacturing process, most notably the lobbying and contributions from the zinc industry, which is one of the main defenders of the worthless coin.. [How to make a penny, cont'd]
I get to disconnect circuits, rebuild cables, open up every kind of appliance to see if their working diagram is more logical than our absurd reality.. [Yoani Sanchez: Occupational Therapy]
Interesting, but this diagram is 3 years old (from 2006).. [Where In The World Is Innovation]
In reality, this diagram is measuring the level of innovation from 4 or 5 years ago.. [Where In The World Is Innovation]
His diagram is like a box divided into four squares, with the positive value in the top left corner.. [Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Plotting for the Severely Right Brained]
Also, layouts seem to change when a diagram is saved, losing a lot of formatting information.. [UML Editors : KillerCodingNinjaBunny]
Conspiracy theories always crack me up, and that little diagram is on-the-spot funny.. [Matthew Yglesias » Conspiracy Theories and Tea Parties]
Denny Triangle diagram from the 1200 Stewart Design Review (click image for detailed pdf). [The Real Estate Development Twilight Zone « PubliCola]
As an ex-floor trader, your diagram is unfortunately to close to reality.. [Mastering a much smaller universe.]
I am an uninspired number cruncher and that Venn diagram is not used in the way I expect it to convey information about gnats intersecting with my teeth!. [Mmmm. Protein.]
Diagram TranslatesDiagram English to Turkish Translate
(i)., (f). diyagram; çizge; plan, şema, resim, şekil; (f). diyagram çizmek. diagrammatic (s). diyagrama ait, diyagram halinde, ayrıntıları olmayan.(i)., (f). diyagram; çizge; plan, şema, resim, şekil; (f). diyagram çizmek. diagrammatic (s). diyagrama ait, diyagram halinde, ayrıntıları olmayan.