Dialogue Wiki - What is the dialogue?
Dialogue (sometimes spelled dialog in American English) is a written or spoken conversational exchange between two or more people, and a literary and theatrical form that depicts such an exchange. As a narrative, philosophical or didactic device, it is chiefly associated in the West with the Socratic dialogue as developed by Plato, but antecedents are also found in other traditions including Indian literature.In the 20th century, philosophical treatments of dialogue emerged from thinkers including Mikhail Bakhtin, Paulo Freire, Martin Buber, and David Bohm. Although diverging in many details, these thinkers have articulated a holistic concept of dialogue as a multi-dimensional, dynamic and context-dependent process of creating meaning. Educators such as Freire and Ramón Flecha have also developed a body of theory and techniques for using egalitarian dialogue as a pedagogical tool..
What does the word dialogue mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word dialogue in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with dialogue and anagrams of dialogue.
Definitions of "dialogue"
- A conversation between two or more people. noun
- Conversation between characters in a drama or narrative. noun
- The lines or passages in a script that are intended to be spoken. noun
- A literary work written in the form of a conversation: the dialogues of Plato. noun
- Music A composition or passage for two or more parts, suggestive of conversational interplay. noun
- An exchange of ideas or opinions: achieving constructive dialogue with all political elements. noun
- To express as or in a dialogue. verb-transitive
- To converse in a dialogue. verb-intransitive
- Usage Problem To engage in an informal exchange of views. verb-intransitive
- A conversation or other form of discourse between two or more individuals. noun
- In a dramatic or literary presentation, the verbal parts of the script or text; the verbalizations of the actors or characters. noun
- A literary form, where the presentation resembles a conversation. noun
- A dialogue box. noun
- To discuss or negotiate so that all parties can reach an understanding. verb
- A conversation between two or more persons; particularly, a formal conservation in theatrical performances or in scholastic exercises. noun
- A written composition in which two or more persons are represented as conversing or reasoning on some topic. noun
- To take part in a dialogue; to dialogize. verb-intransitive
- To express as in dialogue. verb-transitive
- To discourse together; converse; talk; confer.
The word "dialogue" in example sentences
If the only way to engage the DKE boys in dialogue is to ignore the gravity of their offence, as the YDN was inclined to do, nothing would be gained.. [Leah Anthony Libresco: Yale Daily News Wrong to Condemn Outrage in Response to Sexism]
You can also hear him as the newscaster, although the main dialogue is subtitled in English.. [Greg Pak Writes/Directs Superhero Movie Short » Comics Worth Reading]
But “reading comprehension” in dialogue is a two-way street kind of thing.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » The Further Left You Are the Less You Know About Economics:]
Here, the term dialogue is used in a broader sense concerning interactions between various forms of government: in this case, dialogue between provincial and federal governments on division of powers disputes.. [The Court]
Still, any movie with this dialogue is alright with me:. [Terrific cast and sharp screenplay set “Youth in Revolt” apart » Scene-Stealers]
Some of the dialogue is a little stilted, and is the stuff that looks great on paper but rings odd when spoken aloud.. [Review: Majestic XII: Top Secret/For Majic Eyes Only #1 | Major Spoilers - Comic Book Reviews and News]
- Generally, I think the dialogue is a lot better.. [Superhero Nation: how to write superhero novels and comic books » Tom’s Review Forum]
But here, the dialogue is all building up tension to the violent release, which is what Tarantino does best.. [WATCHING: Inglorious Bazz-turds]
But this dialogue is a nice illustration of why science can't do what Intelligent Design-phreaks and atheists claim it can do.. [March 6th, 2009]
The action sequences that start around 1: 45 look pretty spectacular, but the jokes are stale and the dialogue is awful.. [Knight and Day Movie Trailer #2 | /Film]
The cumulative effect of this dialogue is a sense of thoroughgoing fidelity to the speech patterns of these characters as rooted in country, region, class, and time period.. [Narrative Strategies]
It's a tricky business, I tell you, but this dialogue is absolutely refreshing -- and absolutely crucial.. [About that Nation article on moms, feminism & blogging....]
Many of the motifs and images here seem recycled from previous war novels and movies, but Benioff's palpable love for his grandfather animates the book and lends it heart, and the dialogue is as funny and sharp as he wants it to be.. [City of Thieves: Summary and book reviews of City of Thieves by David Benioff.]
Think about this for a minute, comics are like a script, all the dialogue is there, all the scenes are set, characters established and a fanbase ready and waiting.. [Sunday Discussion: Is the Comic Book Movie Genre in for a Change? « FirstShowing.net]
The key to winning the dialogue is actually to respect and engage the enemy.. [McCain slams Obama over Middle East at pro-Israel forum]
The “mundane” moments of comedy, when the dialogue is able to shine.. [EXTRALIFE – By Scott Johnson - CONFIRMED* Ghostbusters 3 – Aykroyd and Murray on board!]
Dialogue TranslatesDialogue English to Turkish Translate
(i). diyalog; karşılıklı konuşma ve tartışma; diyalog tarzında edebi eser.(i). diyalog; karşılıklı konuşma ve tartışma; diyalog tarzında edebi eser.