Din Wiki - What is the din?
What does the word din mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word din in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with din and anagrams of din.
Definitions of "din"
- A jumble of loud, usually discordant sounds. See Synonyms at noise. noun
- To stun with deafening noise. verb-transitive
- To instill by wearying repetition: dinned the Latin conjugations into the students' heads. verb-transitive
- To make a loud noise. verb-intransitive
- A loud noise; a cacophony or loud commotion. noun
- To be filled with sound; to resound. verb
- To assail with loud noise. verb
- To repeat continuously, as though to the point of deafening or exhausting somebody. verb
- To make a din. verb
- Loud, confused, harsh noise; a loud, continuous, rattling or clanging sound; clamor; roar. noun
- To sound with a din; a ding. verb-intransitive
- To strike with confused or clanging sound; to stun with loud and continued noise; to harass with clamor. verb-transitive
- To utter with a din; to repeat noisily; to ding. verb-transitive
- To strike with continued or confused noise; vex with noise; harass with clamor or persistent protestations.
- To press or force with clamor or with persistent repetition: as, to din one's complaints into everybody's ears.
- To make a noise or clamor.
- A loud noise of some duration; particularly, a rattling, clattering, or resonant sound, long continued: as, the din of arms. noun
- A judgment. noun
- A law suit; a plea or cause. noun
The word "din" in example sentences
A nice steady din is critical to a creative environment, and the groups of people coming and going allowed for plenty of people-watching and lent their quirks to more than a few characters.. [My Cliché of Choice « Write Anything]
The tool that eliminates background din is called "NewBlue Hum Remover" and is only discovered by opening Edit, Effects and an almost unnoticeable drop-down menu called Audio Effects.. [Video Editing Made Easier]
The din from the Left is expected since a flawed and immoral position was rammed down the throats of the People for so long, not to mention Gun Control was held for so long as a truism and main platform by the radical members Democratic Party.. [What's Wrong with this Picture?]
That din din you prepared sounds anything but scaled down; very nice!. [A LENNDEVOURS Valentine's Day]
I mean ... try saying those words to a nun. sana lang po b4 tayo magsalita isipin din natin tnx poSay that to her.. [Archive 2007-09-01]
Sure their lawyers-are-coming-after-us paranoia gets a little tiresome after awhile, but that's just a symptom of our country's political climate, in which the only way to make sure you're heard above the din is to act slightly hysterical.. [Blog Reviews]
And there are a dozen adult roosters and hens now, with 13, count'em, chicks running around now, plus the usual feral cats which make their way over to our casa for din din and sterilization when we can catch them.. [ecommendations for budget place to stay/June '05]
The U.S. Open champion blocked out the din from the Slovak crowd Sunday and kept the United States in the top tier of the Davis Cup.. [USATODAY.com - United States defeats Slovakia to stay in Davis Cup's top level]
The first impression of all, overmastering everything else for a while, is the frightful, deafening din from the conveyor belt which carries the coal away.. [The Road to Wigan Pier]
I wander forth and a child directs me to a six-room cottage, "a real bo'din'-house.". [The Woman Who Toils Being the Experiences of Two Gentlewomen as Factory Girls]
Well, I did have an offer for it from a feller that wanted to open a boa'din'-house there and get the advantage of Jeff's improvements, and I couldn't seem to make up my mind till I'd looked the ground over.. [The Landlord at Lion's Head — Volume 2]
Inter looked good in the derby btw. the "din" - that guttural roar that sounds like the air being sucked out of an ice-cold room - is the entire crowd shouting "gol" in a fabulously drawn-out manner.. [The Guardian World News]
He calls the din emanating into his garden yard part of the fabric of urban life.. [Tourists Seek Real Berlin On Bridge, Find Controversy]
Articles and books -- many of them by women psychologists -- are tumbling off the presses, and adding to the din is a provocative new journal, Psychoanalytic Dialogues, that has been airing fresh views on the relationship between doctor and patient and the psychoanalytic process itself.. [Revival Sessions]
The sound rose in intensity, the crash of the shells echoing the thunder of the guns, and added to the din was the sharper sound of the long British six-pounders firing back.. [Sharpe's Eagle]
And in the middle of the din was a note which should not be there.. [Starship]