Downright Wiki - What is the downright?
downright wiki coming soon..
What does the word downright mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word downright in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with downright and anagrams of downright.
Definitions of "downright"
- Thoroughgoing; unequivocal: a downright lie. adjective
- Forthright; candid. adjective
- Thoroughly; absolutely. adverb
- Directed vertically; coming straight down. adjective
- Directly to the point; plain; unambiguous; unevasive. adjective
- Using plain direct language; accustomed to express opinions directly and bluntly; blunt. adjective
- Complete; absolute; utter. adjective
- Really; actually; quite; thoroughly; utterly. adverb
- Plain; direct; forthright; unceremonious; blunt; positive. adjective
- Open; artless; undisguised; absolute; unmixed. adjective
- Straight down; perpendicularly. adverb
- In plain terms; without ceremony. adverb
- Without delay; at once; completely. adverb
- Right down; straight down; perpendicularly.
- In plain terms; without ceremony or circumlocution.
- Completely; thoroughly; utterly: as, he is downright mad.
- Forthwith; without delay; at once.
- Directed vertically; coming straight down.
- Directly to the point; plain; unambiguous; unevasive.
The word "downright" in example sentences
"Dat's what I calls downright robbery, Kun'l," he exclaimed, highly incensed.. [Mary Louise in the Country]
Even when I introduced them in the most delicate way, he was what I call downright rude.. [The Squire of Sandal-Side A Pastoral Romance]
Men are better judges of that than women; but for high, chivalrous spirit, for true principle and nobility, and what I call downright worth, I don't think you will easily find her superior.. [The Eustace Diamonds]
"It's what I call downright Radical nonsense," said Mrs. Low, nodding her head energetically.. [Phineas Finn]
"It's what I call downright Radical nonsense," said Mrs Low, nodding her head energetically.. [Phineas Finn]
In resubmitting the legislation for renewal of what many consider the most controversial provisions -- and some label downright unconstitutional provisions -- within the Patriot Act, the Republican Rules Committee decided to allow only 60 minutes of debate.. [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
A lull; "You let that child alone!" child, evidently of few years, screaming in downright terror.. [THOSE ON THE EDGE]
But lets face the facts when it comes to the actual execution of it he downright is nothing short of a failure.. [How's Obama doing?]
Sometimes this happens in downright disturbing ways, like a villain of The Incredibles (spoiler) getting sucked into a plane-engine.. [Superhero Nation: how to write superhero novels and comic books » Faraway Soul’s Review Forum]
And more Marylanders than ever before think the state's economy is not doing well or is in downright poor condition (59 percent).. [First Click, Maryland:Will O'Malley fare better than Fenty?]
Maybe it's the acceptance of middle age and the spread that can go with it, but eating well (see table) and wearing more comfortable clothes -- including grunge, as in downright ratty, or what WASP .... [Family Travel » 1992 » December]
A lull; ` You let that child alone! 'child evidently of few years, screaming in downright terror; ` Awright,' repeated insistently and at top pitch twenty times straight running; ` You'll git this rock on the 'ead!' and then rock evidently on the head from the shriek that goes up.. [Those on the Edge]
The expression downright sin is Mrs. Morrison's own, -- heaven forbid that I should have anything to do with such an expression -- and. [The Princess Priscilla's Fortnight]
Whilst they discussed him as a public man, I was in downright pain lest they should say something that I should not like.. [The Romance of Isabel, Lady Burton]
Seeing us prepare to go on, the camel-boys broke into a furore of remonstrance, which, but for Salame's big stick, would have ended in downright mutiny.. [A Thousand Miles Up the Nile]
In this the enemies did wickedly (v. 3), for they destroyed it in downright contempt of God and affront to him.. [Commentary on the Whole Bible Volume III (Job to Song of Solomon)]
Downright TranslatesDownright English to Turkish Translate
(s)., (z). tamam; kesin, kati; çok; (z). tamamen, büsbütün; doğrudan doğruya, açıkça, dobra dobra, sözunu esirgemeden.(s)., (z). tamam; kesin, kati; çok; (z). tamamen, büsbütün; doğrudan doğruya, açıkça, dobra dobra, sözunu esirgemeden.