Dynamics Wiki - What is the dynamics?
Dynamics (from Greek δυναμικός dynamikos "powerful", from δύναμις dynamis "power") or dynamic .
What does the word dynamics mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word dynamics in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with dynamics and anagrams of dynamics.
Definitions of "dynamics"
- The branch of mechanics that is concerned with the effects of forces on the motion of a body or system of bodies, especially of forces that do not originate within the system itself. Also called kinetics. noun
- The forces and motions that characterize a system: The dynamics of ocean waves are complex. noun
- The social, intellectual, or moral forces that produce activity and change in a given sphere: The dynamics of international trade have influenced our business decisions on this matter. noun
- Variation in force or intensity, especially in musical sound. noun
- Psychodynamics. noun
- The branch of mechanics that is concerned with the effects of forces on the motion of objects. noun
- The volume of the sound, such as piano, mezzo piano, mezzo forte, and forte. noun
- That branch of mechanics which treats of the motion of bodies (Kinematics) and the action of forces in producing or changing their motion (kinetics). Dynamics is held by some recent writers to include statics and not kinematics. noun
- The moving moral, as well as physical, forces of any kind, or the laws which relate to them. noun
- That department of musical science which relates to, or treats of, the power of tones. noun
- The mathematical theory of force; also (until recently the common acceptation), the theory of forces in motion; the science of deducing from given circumstances (masses, positions, velocities, forces, and constraints) the motions of a system of particles. noun
- The moving moral or physical forces of any kind, or the laws which relate to them. noun
- the branch of mechanics concerned with the forces that cause motions of bodies noun
The word "dynamics" in example sentences
Everything we know suggests that the dynamics is a matter of relationships, that nature does not need artificed order — dams to stop a river, pumps to make it flow, men planting seeds to decree where plants sprout.. [Bukiet on Brooklyn Books]
The material and cognitive irreversibility of this dynamics is an essential aspect of the situation.. [Thinking Singularity with Immanuel Kant and Paul de Man: Aesthetics, Epistemology, History and Politics]
Everything we know suggests that this dynamics is not comparable with law.. [Bukiet on Brooklyn Books]
Q. Family dynamics is one topic from which you seem unable to escape in all of your books, whether they be set in the hills of Virginia like Wish. [David Baldacci talks about 'Last Man Standing']
According to person familiar with his thinking, Mr. Hastings is willing to endure the current drubbing because the long-term dynamics indicate that people will be less and less reliant on the DVD side of the business.. [Netflix CEO Unbowed]
"Lower long-end yields tend to be a sign that investors are becoming more comfortable...with the longer-term dynamics of a sovereign.". [Inverted Yield Curve Signals Lower Inflation, Not Recession]
Tahoe's south shore is undergoing a "shift in dynamics" from gambling to a more recreation-focused tourist destination, Carrig said, and Heavenly is likely to play a major role in the transition.. [Heavenly Mountain ski resort plans upgrades despite recession]
The actual dynamics is more gnarly, to my mind, with nested and threaded sub-narratives of disruption, recognition and reaction (ump-thousand word blog post on this here).. [Archive 2009-04-01]
Also, heat radiation affects the polar caps more than one way or maybe my ignorance in thermal-dynamics is too apparent.. [Environmentalists On Hunters]
There is a huge difference in dynamics between governments accountable to a large number of citizens vs communities accountable to a much smaller number.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » “Do ‘Family Values’ Weaken Families?”]
Very cool - galactic dynamics is an impressive thing indeed.. [Entertain Your Brain]
His work focuses on long-term dynamics of tropical rain forests in the new and old world tropics, as well as the implications of global change for the conservation and management of forests.. [Contributor:]
That data is used to support the contention that physical brain dynamics, preceeding a decision, determine the decision and allow the individual to falsely think that he or she has chosen between available options.. [2008 December - Telic Thoughts]
Sometimes in conversation, that verbal dance of expressive/manipulative articulations, of sympathic communion and antipathic combat, of connective language in its intricate dynamics, is more of a tango than a waltz. posted by Hal Duncan | 7: 14 AM. [Notes on Strange Fiction: Narrative's Function (3)]
A campaign's ability to predict, sculpt, and respond to political dynamics is the real key to winning an election, I believe.. [Archive 2008-11-01]
Long-term dynamics of the bank vole Clethrionomys glareolus at Pallasjarvi, northern Finnish taiga.. [Effects of changes in climate and UV radiation levels on structure of arctic ecosystems in the short and long term]
Dynamics TranslatesDynamics English to Turkish Translate
(i). dinamik bilimi; (çoğ.) hareket ettirici kuvvetler ve kanunlar; (müz.) sesin alçak veya yüksek olmasını belirten işaretler.(i). dinamik bilimi; (çoğ.) hareket ettirici kuvvetler ve kanunlar; (müz.) sesin alçak veya yüksek olmasını belirten işaretler.