Earthly Wiki - What is the earthly?
earthly wiki coming soon..
What does the word earthly mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word earthly in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with earthly and anagrams of earthly.
Definitions of "earthly"
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of this earth. adjective
- Terrestrial; not heavenly or divine: earthly existence. adjective
- Worldly: earthly delights; one's earthly possessions. adjective
- Conceivable; possible: no earthly meaning whatever. adjective
- Relating to the earth or this world, as opposed to heaven. adjective
- Used to put an emphasis adjective
- A slightest chance (of success etc.) or idea (about something). noun
- in an earthy manner adverb
- Pertaining to the earth; belonging to this world, or to man's existence on the earth; not heavenly or spiritual; carnal; worldly adjective
- Of all things on earth; possible; conceivable. adjective
- Made of earth; earthy. adjective
- In the manner of the earth or its people; worldly. adverb
- Pertaining to the earth or to this world; pertaining to the mundane state of existence: as, earthly objects; earthly residence.
- Belonging to the earth or world; worldly; carnal, as opposed to spiritual or heavenly; vile.
- Made of earth; earthy: as, “earthly substance,”
- Corporeal; not mental.
- Being or originating on earth; of all things in the world; possible; conceivable: used chiefly as an expletive.
- Synonyms Terrestrial, mundane, sublunary, etc. See worldly.
- of or belonging to or characteristic of this earth as distinguished from heaven adjective
The word "earthly" in example sentences
People, the moment you start rationalizing earthly power and authority in * earthly* government has been established by GOD, you challenge and threaten to take away our earthly agency and our sense of the Divine invested in us in the call to "do good, do justice" and change corrupt government.. [Top Stories - Google News]
Jehovah's Witness #1: We don't vote in earthly elections.. [Reverse canvass FAIL (Blog for Democracy)]
All men are miserable in earthly kingdoms, for fate leaves no-one under the heavens unchanged.. [Archive 2008-11-01]
We should not be distracted like those who have placed their heart entirely in earthly goods ..... [29 December -- St Thomas of Canterbury]
This is like Governor Mike Huckabee's miracles can defeat math in earthly matters; Huckabee is now an 'also ran'.. [Carter: After June 3, it will be time for Clinton to 'give it up']
His Eminence Don Pelasio de Labastida, an eighteenth century bishop of Mexico City set a scandalous example of such indulgence in earthly pleasures.. [To the charreada with stars in her eyes]
Along the way he's assisted by a woman who may (or may not) be Lucifer in earthly form.. [Archive 2007-09-16]
There has been ample appeal by the likes of Vincent Gray and Baluinas and Soon to use the lack of complete understanding of the affect of sun spots and gamma radiation to wave away the affect of greenhouse gases on the change in earthly climate over the past several decades.. [Think Progress » Attacking Global Warming Science: Where There’s George Will, There’s a Way]
God is not cheering for anyone to gain earthly power, through human institutions like government.. [Think Progress » ThinkFast: July 19, 2006]
Yet that we may not appear to be defective even in earthly honors, let a day be solemnly set apart for proclaiming the charter; let it be brought forth placed on the divine law, the word of God; let a crown be placed thereon, by which the world may know, that so far as we approve as monarchy, that in America THE LAW IS KING.. [Think Progress » Wash. Times Pushes Surveillance Myths As “News”]
Nansen was rich, although not primarily in earthly possessions.. [Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - Nobel Lecture]
The saint, at any rate Tolstoys kind of saint, is not trying to work an improvement in earthly life: he is trying to bring it to an end and put something different in its place.. [Lear, Tolstoy and the Fool]
No one puts it quite so coarsely as that, but the thought of all these people is along those lines: even of those who, like Michael Roberts and Hulme himself, admit that a little, just a little, improvement in earthly society may be thinkable.. [As I Please]
"I wonder if astronomers feel a very deep interest in earthly affairs?" said the doctor.. [Rilla of Ingleside]
They were so lifelike, I thought they were angel visions which the artist had caught and bound in earthly forms.. [The Story of My Life]
Nothing earthly is ever reproduced in the same form.. [John Halifax, Gentleman]
Earthly TranslatesEarthly English to Turkish Translate
(s). dünyaya ait, dünyevî; imkân dahilinde, (k.dili) akla yatkın. of no earthly use hiç bir faydası olmayan, beş para etmez. earthlyminded (s). maddi fikirlere sahip, dünyevi fikirli .earthliness (i). dünyevî oluş, maddilik; imkan dahilinde oluş.(s). dünyaya ait, dünyevî; imkân dahilinde, (k.dili) akla yatkın. of no earthly use hiç bir faydası olmayan, beş para etmez. earthlyminded (s). maddi fikirlere sahip, dünyevi fikirli .earthliness (i). dünyevî oluş, maddilik; imkan dahilinde oluş.