Effective Wiki - What is the effective?
Effectiveness is the capability of producing a desired result or the ability to produce desired output. When something is deemed effective, it means it has an intended or expected outcome, or produces a deep, vivid impression..
What does the word effective mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word effective in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with effective and anagrams of effective.
Definitions of "effective"
- Having an intended or expected effect. adjective
- Producing a strong impression or response; striking: gave an effective performance as Othello. adjective
- Operative; in effect: The law is effective immediately. adjective
- Existing in fact; actual: a decline in the effective demand. adjective
- Prepared for use or action, especially in warfare. adjective
- A soldier or a piece of military equipment that is ready for combat: "The 'company' was no more than two platoons of effectives” ( Tom Clancy). noun
- Having the power to produce a required effect or effects. adjective
- Producing a decided or decisive effect. adjective
- Efficient, serviceable, or operative, available for useful work. adjective
- Actually in effect. adjective
- Having the power to produce an effect or effects; producing a decided or decisive effect; efficient; serviceable; operative adjective
- That which produces a given effect; a cause. noun
- One who is capable of active service. noun
- Specie or coin, as distinguished from paper currency; -- a term used in many parts of Europe. noun
- The serviceable soldiers in a country; an army or any military body, collectively. noun
- Serving to effect the intended purpose; producing the intended or expected effect or result; operative; efficacious: as, an effective cause; effective proceedings.
- Capable of producing effect; fit for action or duty; adapted for a desired end: as, the effective force of an army or of a steam-engine is so much; effective capacity.
- Serving to impress or affect with admiration; producing a decided impression of beauty or a feeling of admiration at the first presentation; impressive; striking; specifically, artistically strong or successful: as, an effective performance; an effective picture.
- Actual; real.
The word "effective" in example sentences
And this morning, the President at the ground breaking, made the point that this is going to be a place where service members could get what he called effective accountable care.. [CNN Transcript Jul 3, 2008]
And the Department of Homeland Security says it has what it calls effective control of less than 15 percent of our southern border with Mexico.. [CNN Transcript Dec 9, 2006]
And, also, it wants to discuss effective measures, what it calls effective measures to avoid similar incidents from happening in the future.. [CNN Transcript Apr 11, 2001]
Authorized to reappoint Peter Hinckley as an Assistance Attorney General at a salary level of $75,500 for a term effective October 14, 2009 through October 14, 2010.. [Democracy for New Hampshire - Growing the grassroots in New Hampshire's political landscape]
The only way to make this wall cost-effective is if you hire Mexicans to build it.. [Matthew Yglesias » Good Fences Make Bad Policy]
Surveys show that some believe that it refers to effective economic management.. [The Return]
To stay afloat when a company is in effective competition with an expanding government, the only solution is increased productivity.. [Productivity and Unemployment, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
I also predicted that consumers ultimately would be able to find alternatives to obtain "effective and credible education.". [Capitalism without Capital, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
Parks, like educational institutions, are not cost effective from a banker's or economist's perspective.. [The House votes to buy National park not in U.S.!]
That makes some sense Brad except for the fact that Kyoto exempts developing nations so how effective is it as a tool to hold growth down in developing countries relative to Europeans?. [Global Warming, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
There are already programs in place to help the poor; perhaps streamling them so that they are more effective is the answer.. [Health care bill postponed]
How effective is U.S. intel with 1,300 govt. orgs & 2,000 private companies?. [Beer choice at Obama meeting touches off new debate]
•Key issues: Will Kampman, who has been quiet about his changing role, remain effective?. [NFC preview: Cowboys putting team squarely in Romo's hands]
What would have been much more effective is to let them into the country and then pointedly ignore them.. [Keep Out?]
We should invest in effective education rather than ineffective arrest and incarceration.. [Week in Review]
How effective is virtualization in simplifying the management of data centers?. [The Limits Of Virtualization]
Effective TranslatesEffective English to Turkish Translate
(s)., (i). işe yarar; itibar olunur, sayılır; yürürlükte; etkili, tesirli; hakiki, fiili; (i). faal hizmete hazır asker veya ordu; (tic.) efektif, nakit, para .effective range tesirli top menzili. effectively (z). tesirli olarak, fiilen. effectiveness (i). etki, tesir; geçerlilik, itibar.(s)., (i). işe yarar; itibar olunur, sayılır; yürürlükte; etkili, tesirli; hakiki, fiili; (i). faal hizmete hazır asker veya ordu; (tic.) efektif, nakit, para .effective range tesirli top menzili. effectively (z). tesirli olarak, fiilen. effectiveness (i). etki, tesir; geçerlilik, itibar.