Efficient Wiki - What is the efficient?
Efficiency is the extent to which time or effort is well used for the intended task or purpose. Efficiency may also refer to: Efficiency (aerodynamics), the amount of lift divided by the aerodynamic drag Efficiency (apartment), a one-room apartment Efficiency (basketball), a statistical benchmark to compare the overall value of players Efficiency (economics), a situation in which nothing can be improved without something else being hurt Efficiency (fair division), any changes made to assist one person would harm another Efficiency (finance), non-mean-variance portfolio analysis, a way of showing that a portfolio is not efficient Efficiency (network science), a measure of how efficiently a network exchanges information Efficiency (statistics), a measure of quality of an estimator, experiment, or test Energy efficiency (physics), the ratio of power consumed to useful power output.
What does the word efficient mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word efficient in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with efficient and anagrams of efficient.
Definitions of "efficient"
- Acting directly to produce an effect: an efficient cause. See Synonyms at effective. adjective
- Acting or producing effectively with a minimum of waste, expense, or unnecessary effort. adjective
- Exhibiting a high ratio of output to input. adjective
- Making good, thorough, or careful use of resources; not consuming extra. Especially, making good use of time or energy. adjective
- Using a particular proportion of available energy. adjective
- Causing effects; producing results; that makes the effect to be what it is; actively operative; not inactive, slack, or incapable; characterized by energetic and useful activity. adjective
- An efficient cause; a prime mover. noun
- Producing outward effects; of a nature to produce a result; active; causative.
- Acting or able to act with due effect; adequate in performance; bringing to bear the requisite knowledge, skill, and industry; capable; competent: as, an efficient workman, director, or commander.
- Synonyms Efficacious, Effectual, etc. (see effective); energetic, operative, active, ready, helpful.
- An efficient cause (see above). noun
- One who is efficient or qualified; specifically, in the volunteer service of Great Britain, one who has attended the requisite number of drills, and in respect of whom the corps receives the capitation grant paid by government. noun
- In mathematics, a quantity multiplied by another quantity to produce the quantity of which it is said to be an efficient; a factor. noun
- able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively adjective
- being effective without wasting time or effort or expense adjective
The word "efficient" in example sentences
If he left the "road" and became a _very_ efficient common laborer, some _ordinarily efficient_ common laborer would have to take to the "road.". [War of the Classes]
Now, when the advocates of free-agency insist that motive is not the efficient cause of volition, and that mind is the efficient cause thereof, we suppose them to employ the expression, _efficient cause_, in one and the same sense in both branches of the proposition.. [A Theodicy, or, Vindication of the Divine Glory]
 I use the term efficient in a technical sense, as meaning all-sufficient to produce the given effect, without the intervention of any other cause.. [The Education of American Girls]
That isn't to deny that a war with tens of thousands of people doesn't have a significant administrative overhead; rather, that focusing on this overhead (which laughs at the term efficient) ends up seriously degrading our ability to actually achieve victory.. [Registan.net]
Sure, the critique depends on misinterpreting what the word "efficient" means, as in the "efficient markets hypothesis.". [Chicago Economics on Trial]
All we need to do to make the health care system cheaper and more efficient is to remove the dilution of responsibility and cost, thus rewarding people who eat right, stay healthy, and live risk-averse lives.. [Insurance industry has had a 'long enough time,' Pelosi says]
Investing in efficient and clean energy creates jobs in manufacturing, sales, installation, and servicing of wind turbines, solar panels, and super efficient buildings.. [Clean Energy for Prosperity and Security (Blog for Democracy)]
If you believe in efficient markets you should also believe in the toothfairy.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Greenspan’s ‘The Crisis’ and Modigliani and Miller]
If you believe in efficient markets, then you should be very skeptical of the rest of this post.. [Inefficient Market?, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
How efficient is it in transporting gun, hunter, and game out of the woods that may be hilly, have rough terrain, etc. [Zero Motorcycles Electric Offroad Motorcycle]
The key to being energy-efficient is to have as many people on each vehicle as possible, whether buses, trains, cars or ferries.. [Why Vancouver’s Transit System Has Seattle Beat « PubliCola]
Flying two specialized ships was the most efficient from a mission perspective.. [Ares V - Ares 1 = Ares IV - NASA Watch]
The first way you make it more efficient is by reorganizing it so a Republican/conservative can run it by eliminating as much of the political management as possible and re-organizing into functional units under far less political level management.. [Obama administration kills 23K space-related jobs in Florida. | RedState]
How the Volt got to be so efficient is a long, complex story that starts with a huge bolus of computer coding that manages the battery and the Voltec propulsion system.. [Chevrolet Volt: A Win for the Home Team]
Some environmental groups want to go further and perhaps even to challenge the conventional wisdom that the best way to make homes more energy efficient is to make the changes invisible -- hidden inside new appliances, for example.. [Are American homes more energy efficient? Not exactly.]
H-100-V, due to its burn rate and gas wave duration, gives astounding velocities -- 100-150 fps faster than any other powders I've tried, and I've tried just about all of them -- in efficient cartridges at pressure levels that are completely safe.. [If You could have just one rifle...]
Efficient TranslatesEfficient English to Turkish Translate
(s). randıman oranı yüksek olan; yeterli, ehliyetli, işbilir, becerikli; etkili, tesirli. efficient cause tesir edici sebep. efficiently (z). yeterli olarak; becerikli olarak.(s). randıman oranı yüksek olan; yeterli, ehliyetli, işbilir, becerikli; etkili, tesirli. efficient cause tesir edici sebep. efficiently (z). yeterli olarak; becerikli olarak.