Elaborate Wiki - What is the elaborate?
elaborate wiki coming soon..
What does the word elaborate mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word elaborate in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with elaborate and anagrams of elaborate.
Definitions of "elaborate"
- Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details. adjective
- Intricate and rich in detail. adjective
- To work out with care and detail; develop thoroughly. verb-transitive
- To produce by effort; create. verb-transitive
- To become elaborate. verb-intransitive
- To express at greater length or in greater detail: asked me to elaborate on my proposal. verb-intransitive
- Highly complex, detailed, or sophisticated adjective
- intricate, fancy, flashy, or showy adjective
- (used with on when used with an object) To give further detail or explanation (about). verb
- Wrought with labor; finished with great care; studied; executed with exactness or painstaking adjective
- To produce with labor. verb-transitive
- To perfect with painstaking; to improve or refine with labor and study, or by successive operations. verb-transitive
- To produce with labor; work out; produce in general.
- Specifically To improve or refine by successive operations; work out with great care; work up fully or perfectly.
- To be or become elaborate; be elaborated.
- Wrought with labor; finished with great care and nicety of detail; much studied; executed with exactness; highly finished: as, an elaborate discourse; an elaborate performance.
- Synonyms Labored, perfected, highly wrought.
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing verb
- work out in detail verb
The word "elaborate" in example sentences
Editors at "USA Today" say one of their former reporters engaged in what they call elaborate deception in a story claiming the Serb military ordered ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.. [CNN Transcript Jan 13, 2004]
Horrorfest brought them out in elaborate splendor.. [Inbred Jed]
The boys got off to rough start when they came on stage in elaborate costumes and make up and Kimmel asked if they were "hit by Siegfried and Roy's tour bus.". [Tim & Eric Explain 'Chrimbus' Traditions On Kimmel (VIDEO)]
Mr. Rose's restaurant specializes in elaborate tasting menus, but soup is a favorite at home, where he lacks a staff of five and a dishwasher.. [Butternut Squash Soup]
Actors, including University of Maryland theater students in elaborate makeup, scare visitors, but don't touch them.. [Dueling 'Field of Screams' Halloween venues pit Md. nonprofit against Pa. group]
It dealt, in elaborate detail, with one factor in the persistence of the established, namely, the capitalistic bias of the universities and common schools.. [Chapter 6: Adumbrations]
But with Wizards owner Ted Leonsis introducing his team in elaborate fashion with a 3-D production and former owner Irene Pollin sitting in the front row, the team gave the 17,803 fans who came a memorable contest.. [A memorable home opener for Wall, Wizards]
There are two gentlemen who bring their reloads to the field in elaborate and ornate carrying cases which when opened reveal separate hull compartments, felt lined?!, and varying gizmos that that look more like some mad scientist's Doc bag from the 18th century.. [Confesssions of a Hull Ho]
Fulton's strengths are in elaborate detail and delicate construction.. [The Nightingales of Troy: Summary and book reviews of The Nightingales of Troy by Alice Fulton.]
Although they contain elaborate decoration they do not contain the kind of detailed information for Privy Chamber expenditure as Mary's accounts from 1536 until 1543 do. 155 There are no references in the accounts to valentines, card games, or entertainments.. [From Heads of Household to Heads of State: The Preaccession Households of Mary and Elizabeth Tudor, 1516-1558]
But in elaborate ceremonies any number of healing specialists and community members — both extended family members and neighbors — thought important in achieving a desired outcome were called upon to participate.. [Societies, Religion, and History: Central East Tanzanians and the World They Created, c. 200 BCE to 1800 CE]
Teenage girls are hidden in elaborate fox-holes with just enough room for LRA commanders to climb into and claim them as their “wife”.. [Three armies raid Lord’s Resistance Army camp]
For the most primitive humans — life nasty, brutish, short, and so on — skill in elaborate wooing rituals would have taken a distant second place to surviving long enough to woo.. [You Tell Me That It’s Evolution]
There were people devoting large amounts of time and money to enshrining family photos in elaborate scrapbooks because plain photo albums were not enough anymore.. [Narcissus and Me | Her Bad Mother]
Practically every food shop, restaurant, duty-free and department store I've visited here has had some kind of mooncake boxed assortment on offer, in elaborate packaging.. [Boing Boing]
And then campaign monkeys looking for a paycheck for the next year butter him up and spin elaborate fictions about how very vulnerable Virgil is and how just the right candidate can take him down at this moment.. [Waldo Jaquith - Goode gains a third challenger.]
Elaborate TranslatesElaborate English to Turkish Translate
s. dikkatle işlenmiş, özenilmiş, mükellef, tafsilâtlı, ayrıntılı, inceden inceye işli. elaborately z. üzerinde dikkatle durarak, inceden inceye işleyerek.s. dikkatle işlenmiş, özenilmiş, mükellef, tafsilâtlı, ayrıntılı, inceden inceye işli. elaborately z. üzerinde dikkatle durarak, inceden inceye işleyerek.