Elaborate Wiki - What is the elaborate?
What does the word elaborate mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word elaborate in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with elaborate and anagrams of elaborate.
Definitions of "elaborate"
- Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details. adjective
- Intricate and rich in detail. adjective
- To work out with care and detail; develop thoroughly. verb-transitive
- To produce by effort; create. verb-transitive
- To become elaborate. verb-intransitive
- To express at greater length or in greater detail: asked me to elaborate on my proposal. verb-intransitive
- Highly complex, detailed, or sophisticated adjective
- intricate, fancy, flashy, or showy adjective
- (used with on when used with an object) To give further detail or explanation (about). verb
- Wrought with labor; finished with great care; studied; executed with exactness or painstaking adjective
- To produce with labor. verb-transitive
- To perfect with painstaking; to improve or refine with labor and study, or by successive operations. verb-transitive
- To produce with labor; work out; produce in general.
- Specifically To improve or refine by successive operations; work out with great care; work up fully or perfectly.
- To be or become elaborate; be elaborated.
- Wrought with labor; finished with great care and nicety of detail; much studied; executed with exactness; highly finished: as, an elaborate discourse; an elaborate performance.
- Synonyms Labored, perfected, highly wrought.
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing verb
- work out in detail verb