Electronic Wiki - What is the electronic?
Electronic Electronics, the science of how to control electric energy in semiconductor Electronic storage, the storage of data using an electronic device Electronic commerce or e-commerce, the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet Electronic publishing or e-publishing, the digital publication of books and magazines using computer networks, such as the Internet Electronic engineering, an electrical engineering discipline.
What does the word electronic mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word electronic in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with electronic and anagrams of electronic.
Definitions of "electronic"
- Of or relating to electrons. adjective
- Of, based on, operated by, or otherwise involving the controlled conduction of electrons or other charge carriers, especially in a vacuum, gas, or semiconducting material. adjective
- Of, relating to, or produced by means of electronics: electronic navigation; electronic books. adjective
- Of or relating to music produced or altered by electronic means, as by a tape recorder or synthesizer. adjective
- Of, implemented on, or controlled by a computer or computer network. adjective
- : Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons. adjective
- Operating on the physical behavior of electrons, especially in semiconductors. adjective
- Generated by an electronic device. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the Internet. adjective
- Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons. adjective
- Using the methods or principles of electronics as part of the working mechanism; -- of devices. adjective
- Using computerized storage or transmission of information adjective
- of or pertaining to electronics. adjective
- Pertaining to or of the nature of electrons. See electron, 2 and 3.
- of or concerned with electrons adjective
- of or relating to electronics; concerned with or using devices that operate on principles governing the behavior of electrons adjective
The word "electronic" in example sentences
At least we have seen some serious comments, by those familiar with computers, aimed at disabusing us of the term electronic brain, pointing out that the analogy between the human brain and the computer is a totally false one: although computers can sort and organize and generally process information at incredible speeds, they cannot. [VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol IX No 3]
Goldwater never forgave the Johnson campaign for what he called "electronic dirt.". [The Nuclear Option]
This is -- this would be the ruination of talk radio and the end of what I call the electronic town hall.. [CNN Transcript Feb 15, 2008]
We got the authority last year to put into effect what we call electronic travel authorization.. [CNN Transcript Jan 17, 2008]
They ` re going to be able to find what we call electronic footprints that are on his hard drive, trace back through the server to whoever he was in contact with.. [CNN Transcript Oct 24, 2006]
Web site in the form of what they call electronic briefing books and I just posted one on -- on the Directorate of Science and Technology, and it also produces document sets which consist of maybe 15,000 pages of declassified documents on microfiche along with a-- a guide that contains a chronology and a-- and an essay about the topic.. [Body of Secrets/The Wizards of Langley]
GATES: Well, this is a prototype of what we call the electronic book.. [CNN Transcript - Larry King Live Weekend: Millennium 2000: Bill Gates Discusses Microsoft, Philanthropy and the Future of Computers - January 1, 2000]
The association says that expanding the availability of what it calls electronic scratch machines could raise more than $150 million next year if the machines are installed at established banked card rooms around the state.. [The Seattle Times]
But Dominguez, a practitioner of what he calls electronic civil disobedience, says the phones eventually will be available for use across Arizona.. [Tucson Weekly]
Yoder plays what he calls electronic acoustic guitar with his instrument hooked to a variety of devices that create atmospheric sounds as Yoder plays and sings.. [South Bend Tribune Top Stories RSS Feed]
And anybody who's been to a doctor's office knows more and more often you spend a lot of time looking at the back of your doctor's head because a doctor is now sitting at a computer, entering all kinds of information on what they call electronic medical records, stripping away the personal information on those medical records, you know, your name and social security number, there is a gold mine of valuable information involving demographics, involving medications and medical treatments that have worked.. [CNN Transcript Apr 28, 2007]
• Your novel will not sell enough copies that it would be worthwhile to provide it in electronic format as well as physical copies.. [SPECIAL CONTEST ACTIVITY]
• Your manuscript did not look good on the computer screen, therefore it will not be popular in electronic format.. [SPECIAL CONTEST ACTIVITY]
Amazon. com is betting that an uncommon length of reading material -- longer than a magazine article but shorter than a book -- will be a popular format in electronic form for its Kindle e-book reader.. [Amazon To Sell Short-Form 'Singles' For Kindle]
If the latest in electronic running gear isn't geeky enough for you, maybe our next interview will bring out your inner nerd.. [Sticklers Make A Point On National Punctuation Day]
Several publishers that publish strictly in electronic format tend to sell for under $5, but are sales are still down.. [The Cheap eBook Revolution: What's your Dream Price for eBooks?]
Electronic TranslatesElectronic English to Turkish Translate
s. elektronik bilimine ait; elektronla işleyen.s. elektronik bilimine ait; elektronla işleyen.