Emission Wiki - What is the emission?
What does the word emission mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word emission in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with emission and anagrams of emission.
Definitions of "emission"
- The act or an instance of emitting. noun
- Something emitted. noun
- A substance discharged into the air, especially by an internal combustion engine. noun
- The act of emitting, or of sending or throwing out; a putting forth or issuing: as, the emission of light from the sun or other luminous body; the emission of steam from a boiler; the emission of paper money. noun
- That which is emitted, or sent or thrown out. noun
- Specifically— In finance, an amount or quantity of any representative of value issued or put into circulation; an issue: as, the entire emission (of coin, bank-notes, or the like) has been called in or redeemed; the first, second and third emissions of United States notes issued during the civil war. noun
- In physiology, a discharge, especially an involuntary discharge, of semen. noun
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation; issue noun
- That which is sent out, issued, or put in circulation at one time; issue. noun
- the theory of Newton, regarding light as consisting of
emittedparticles or corpuscles. See Corpuscular theory, under Corpuscular. noun
- That which is emitted or sent out. noun
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation; issue. noun
- the occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe) noun
- the act of emitting; causing to flow forth noun
- the release of electrons from parent atoms noun
- any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body noun
- a substance that is emitted or released noun