Enjoyment Wiki - What is the enjoyment?
Happiness is used in the context of mental or emotional states, including positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. It is also used in the context of life satisfaction, subjective well-being, eudaimonia, flourishing and well-being.Since the 1960s, happiness research has been conducted in a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including gerontology, social psychology, clinical and medical research and happiness economics..
What does the word enjoyment mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word enjoyment in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with enjoyment and anagrams of enjoyment.
Definitions of "enjoyment"
- The act or state of enjoying. noun
- Use or possession of something beneficial or pleasurable. noun
- Something that gives pleasure: Classical music was her chief enjoyment. noun
- Law The exercise of a right. noun
- The condition of enjoying anything. noun
- An enjoyable state of mind. noun
- An activity that gives pleasure. noun
- The exercise of a legal right noun
- The condition of enjoying anything; pleasure or satisfaction, as in the possession or occupancy of anything; possession and use. noun
- That which gives pleasure or keen satisfaction. noun
- The state of enjoying; pleasurable emotion or sensation; followed by of, a viewing or experiencing with pleasure or delight: as, her enjoyment was manifest; enjoyment of a play, or of a good dinner. noun
- The possession, use, or occupancy of anything with satisfaction or pleasure; in law, the exercise of a right: as, the enjoyment of an estate, or of civil and religious privileges. noun
- That which gives pleasure or satisfaction; cause of joy or gratification; delight: as, the enjoyments of life. noun
- Synonyms Pleasure, gratification, happiness, satisfaction. noun
- the pleasure felt when having a good time noun
- act of receiving pleasure from something noun
- (law) the exercise of the legal right to enjoy the benefits of owning property noun
The word "enjoyment" in example sentences
My theme is humble, though the audience to whom I desire to speak is large: for I speak to the ordinary reader with ordinary capacities and ordinary leisure, to whom reading is, or ought to be, not a business but a pleasure; and my theme is the enjoyment -- not, mark you, the improvement, nor the glory, nor the profit, but the _enjoyment_ -- which may be derived by such an one from books.. [Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern — Volume 3]
But our enjoyment is as beautiful listening to a variety of songs on a CD as it is reading a collection of poems.. [Book Talking : Kwame Dawes : Harriet the Blog : The Poetry Foundation]
There are some of you who know how much what you call enjoyment has cost you.. [Expositions of Holy Scripture Second Kings Chapters VIII to End and Chronicles, Ezra, and Nehemiah. Esther, Job, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes]
The less pleasure the enjoyment is the less pain the disappointment will be.. [Commentary on the Whole Bible Volume III (Job to Song of Solomon)]
Wine enjoyment is about more than just the wine itself.. [LENNDEVOURS:]
Meanwhile, as reported in The Cornell Daily Sun, Professor of Psychology, Tom Gilovich, and graduate student Travis Carter recently published their findings in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology that "Purchasing experiences leads to greater long-term enjoyment than buying material possessions.". [Jennifer Edwards: Money and Happiness: The New Connection]
But like many homeowners, we feel the instant gratification and long-term enjoyment of our home projects has been worth the leveraging a small portion of our home's equity in the near-term.. [Refinancing a Home-Equity Line]
Then time is long, and the only art that is needful for its enjoyment is short and easy.. [Little Rivers; a book of essays in profitable idleness]
If you're like me, that's the default stance on all of life's either-or choices -- whether the choice is as trivial as bacon vs. sausage at Bob Evans or as important as near-term enjoyment vs. saving for the future.. [Fool.com Headlines]
As I mentioned in the beginning of this review their enjoyment translates to enjoyment for us as parents in the form of a relaxing (well as relaxing as it can be) car trip.. [Gear Diary]
For long-term enjoyment, cut off some of the flowering branches to dry for displaying indoors before you do your major pruning.. [The Taunton Gazette Home RSS]
However, her enjoyment is short-lived as she gets perturbed by an aunty who rushes up to her with yet another suitable match.. [www.indiantelevision.com]
After holiday trips, preserve digital images for long-term enjoyment of precious memories by following the steps at I3A's educational website savemymemories. org. [Low End Mac]
"The quality of your home inspector can have a direct impact on the long term enjoyment and return on investment you derive from your property and you want to work with a professional who has your best interests in mind.". [Recently Uploaded Slideshows]
Such limitations to the technology make it hard to see 3-D screens as something that will provide long-term enjoyment, or become a must-have feature.. [PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories]
"Come in, young gentlemen, come in, and be seated," he sang out; and as we willingly obeyed, he added, "This is what I call enjoyment -- food for the mind and moisture for the whistle.. [Marmaduke Merry A Tale of Naval Adventures in Bygone Days]
Enjoyment TranslatesEnjoyment English to Turkish Translate
Enjoyment turkish translate not found!