Enthusiasm Wiki - What is the enthusiasm?
Enthusiasm is intense enjoyment, interest, or approval. The word was originally used to refer to a person possessed by a god, or someone who exhibited intense piety..
What does the word enthusiasm mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word enthusiasm in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with enthusiasm and anagrams of enthusiasm.
Definitions of "enthusiasm"
- Great excitement for or interest in a subject or cause. noun
- A source or cause of great excitement or interest. noun
- Archaic Ecstasy arising from supposed possession by a god. noun
- Archaic Religious fanaticism. noun
- Possession by a god; divine inspiration or frenzy. noun
- Intensity of feeling; excited interest or eagerness. noun
- Inspiration as if by a divine or superhuman power; ecstasy; hence, a conceit of divine possession and revelation, or of being directly subject to some divine impulse. noun
- A state of impassioned emotion; transport; elevation of fancy; exaltation of soul. noun
- Enkindled and kindling fervor of soul; strong excitement of feeling on behalf of a cause or a subject; ardent and imaginative zeal or interest. noun
- Lively manifestation of joy or zeal. noun
- An ecstasy of mind, as if from inspiration or possession by a spiritual influence; hence, a belief or conceit of being divinely inspired or commissioned. noun
- In general, a natural tendency toward extravagant admiration and devotion; specifically, absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest, study, or pursuit; ardent zeal in pursuit of some object, inspiring energetic endeavor with strong hope and confidence of success. noun
- An experience or a manifestation of exalted appreciation or devotion; an expression or a feeling of exalted admiration, imagination, or the like: in this sense with a plural: as, his enthusiasms were now all extinguished; the enthusiasm of impassioned oratory. noun
- Synonyms Earnestness, Zeal, etc. (see eagerness); warmth, ardor, passion, devotion. noun
- a lively interest noun
- overflowing with eager enjoyment or approval noun
- a feeling of excitement noun
The word "enthusiasm" in example sentences
"Even if people do not normally attribute the term enthusiasm to the Germans, believe me, we are enthusiastic," K+S chairman Norbert Steiner said on a conference call with investors.. [CBC | Top Stories News]
I didn't know this, but the word enthusiasm comes from the Greek and Theos, which means "in God.". [CNN Transcript Jun 21, 2008]
They show that, quite understandably, the enthusiasm is accompanied by uncertainty.. [Archive 2007-10-01]
I don't have to post a snide little note to inform you that your enthusiasm is actually kinda stupid.. [My Harry Potter Experience]
"Why then, daddy, if you are happier than we, what you call the enthusiasm of youth can have nothing to do with it, you know!". [The Crew of the Water Wagtail]
The scorners; the sneering, the frivolous, the unearnest, the unbelieving, the envious, who laugh down what they call enthusiasm and romance; who delight in finding fault, and in blackening those who seem purer or nobler than themselves.. [Westminster Sermons with a Preface]
Despite the tribulations of the first two years of Obama, Americans seem still in favor of Democratic rule, but their "enthusiasm" is measured by only two of the Gallup battery questions, numbers 1 and 7.. [Stephen Herrington: The Invisible Six Point Democratic Lead]
Choosing an actor who has not carried a film before based on their "enthusiasm" is never a good way to start ..... [Joe Johnston on Why Chris Evans was Cast as Captain America | /Film]
Your kind of enthusiasm is good for my soul I tell you!. [How it begins.]
The word enthusiasm is defined by Webster’s dictionary as “a strong excitement or feeling.”. [SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life]
They interpret manners for weakness, enthusiasm is suspect, and ethics are naivete.. [Fannie Flagg talks about the location and characters in Welcome To The World, Baby Girl which is set partly in Elmwood Springs, Missouri. Elmwood Springs also provides the setting for her most recent book 'Standing In The Rainbow']
GOP enthusiasmRepublicans point to other new surveys that show them with a decided advantage in enthusiasm heading into the elections.. [Battle Intensifies for Control of US Congress]
He says Democratic enthusiasm is higher than what public polls are capturing, citing the $435,000 his campaign raised in 24 hours this month in what he calls a "cheddar bomb.". [Obama looks to youth vote for a late midterm surge]
But this year, you know, again, the energy and enthusiasm is with the Republicans.. [Rudin Pulls Up Illinois On His Political Scorecard]
* Breaking: The lack of Dem enthusiasm is all about the economy!. [The Morning Plum]
The old-fashioned political rally drew about 2,500 people to the Event Center at San Jose State University, the second large, raucous event Clinton headlined in the state, as he energetically turned his popularity in California to motivating Democrats, especially younger ones, to cast ballots in an election year where most of the enthusiasm is on the Republican side.. [Clinton Rallies Dems; Krusty Bashes eMeg on Taxes]
Enthusiasm TranslatesEnthusiasm English to Turkish Translate
i. şevk, gayret, istek, heves; sanat aşkı; kuvvetli ilham. enthusiasy i. şevkli kimse, taşkın ve hararetli kimse; aşırı taraftar. enthusias'tic s. şevkli, hararetli, gayretli, hevesli. enthusias'tically z şevkle, gayretle.i. şevk, gayret, istek, heves; sanat aşkı; kuvvetli ilham. enthusiasy i. şevkli kimse, taşkın ve hararetli kimse; aşırı taraftar. enthusias'tic s. şevkli, hararetli, gayretli, hevesli. enthusias'tically z şevkle, gayretle.