Everlasting Wiki - What is the everlasting?
What does the word everlasting mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word everlasting in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with everlasting and anagrams of everlasting.
Definitions of "everlasting"
- Lasting forever; eternal. adjective
- Continuing indefinitely or for a long period of time. adjective
- Persisting too long; tedious. adjective
- God. Used with the. noun
- Eternal duration; eternity. noun
- Any of various plants chiefly in the composite family, such as the strawflower, that retain their form and color long after they are dry. noun
- Very; exceedingly: as, everlasting mean.
- Same as
large-flowered everlasting. noun
- Lasting forever; existing or continuing without end; having infinite duration.
- Continuing indefinitely long; having no determinable or prospective end; enduring beyond calculation.
- Recurring without final cessation; happening again and again without end; incessant: as, I am tired of these everlasting disputes.
- 2 and Interminable, unceasing, uninterrupted, perennial, imperishable.
- Eternity; eternal duration, past and future. noun
- A strong woolen cloth, now used especially for the tops of boots. Also called
lastingand prunella, and formerly durance(which see). noun
- A common name for plants whose scarious flowers retain their form, color, and brightness long after being gathered. noun
- Eternal duration, past or future; eternity. noun
- (With the definite article) The Eternal Being; God. noun
- A plant whose flowers may be dried without losing their form or color noun
The word "everlasting" in example sentences
Because the text primarily discusses the fact that good qualities can be developed and faults removed on the basis of the everlasting continuum of the mind as a foundation presently tarnished with fleeting stains, the term everlasting continuum can undoubtedly also imply this meaning.. [Buddha-Nature, Day One of a Discourse on Uttaratantra ��� Part Two: The First Three Verses of Chapter One]
The term everlasting continuum (tantra) has many meanings.. [Buddha-Nature, Day One of a Discourse on Uttaratantra ��� Part One: Background Discussion]
Betwixt the country dances they have what I call everlasting jigs.. [A Renegade History of the United States]
Drive them up to perfection, and you have that which we call everlasting glory.. [Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost]
Can you believe that all that goodness, which of necessity comes from God, is to go down into what you call everlasting punishment?. [We Two, a novel]
He was unable to forget the torment of his puppyhood, wherein everlasting hatred of the black had been woven into the fibres of consciousness; and such a terror did he make himself that Sheldon was forced to shut him up in the living room when, for any reason, strange natives were permitted in the compound.. [Chapter 9]
Glen Cook liberally uses European High Middle Ages, blending together: crusades, pope (and antipope), Jews, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and the King of Spain, Janissaries, ruling noble families of Rome caught in everlasting cloak and dagger games for papacy, corruption of the medieval Catholic Church, catharism and it's centre the Languedoc and last, but not least the Vikings and their pantheon.. [Archive 2008-02-01]
Glen Cook liberally uses European High Middle Ages, blending together: crusades, pope (and antipope), Jews, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and the King of Spain, Janissaries, ruling noble families of Rome caught in everlasting cloak and dagger games for papacy, corruption of the medieval Catholic Church, catharism and it's centre the Languedoc and last, but not least the Vikings and their pantheon.. [Glen Cook - The Tyranny of the Night (Book Review)]
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation … —. [Think Progress » Sen. Inhofe: ‘Gore Is Full of Crap,’ ‘All Recent Science…Confirms This Thing Is A Hoax’]
And it is said besides, in many places, that they shall go into "everlasting fire, everlasting torments, everlasting punishments; and that the worm of conscience never dieth"; and all this is comprehended in the word everlasting death, which is ordinarily interpreted. [Leviathan]
In regard to the meaning of the word everlasting in this place, it is to be observed:. [Barnes New Testament Notes]
Every single soldier, whether officer or private, has a stone exactly the same, with the arms of his regiment and a few words on it; then there is one great altar stone with the inscription, "Their names shall be held in everlasting remembrance.". [The Old Country Re-Visited]
He was unable to forget the torment of his puppyhood, wherein everlasting hatred of the black had been woven into the fibres of consciousness; and such a terror did he make himself that. [As Between A Man and A Woman]
The words ‘everlasting life’ and ‘life everlasting’ occur in the New Testament fourteen times, and by reference to the Greek Testament you will find the word everlasting is, without a single exception, translated from the same Greek word — _aionios_.. [The Gospel Day Or, the Light of Christianity]
We do well to hold them in everlasting remembrance.. [Juliana Horatia Ewing and Her Books]
-- As architects often have their names inscribed on their great works, so the names of the apostles shall be held in everlasting remembrance.. [Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible]