Evident Wiki - What is the evident?
What does the word evident mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word evident in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with evident and anagrams of evident.
Definitions of "evident"
- Easily seen or understood; obvious. See Synonyms at apparent. adjective
- Obviously true by simple observation. adjective
- Clear to the vision; especially, clear to the understanding, and satisfactory to the judgment adjective
- Plainly seen or perceived; manifest; obvious; plain: as, an evident mistake; it is evident that he took the wrong path.
- Clearly discernible or distinguishable; certain; indubitable: as, in entomology, an evident scutellum (that is, one well developed, or not concealed by other parts).
- Furnishing evidence; conclusive.
- Synonyms Clear, Plain, etc. (see manifest, a.); palpable, patent, unmistakable. See list under apparent.
- Something which serves as evidence; evidence; specifically, in Scots law, a writ or title-deed by which property is proved: a term used in conveyancing. noun
- capable of being seen or noticed adjective
- clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment adjective
The word "evident" in example sentences
This attitude was not taken in earlier years however, as is evident from the following statement made by Committee Chairman Arne Westgren, in a survey over the first 60 years of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. [The Nobel Prize in Chemistry: The Development of Modern Chemistry]
What is tragically evident from the Harry Read Me file is the picture it gives of the CRU scientists hopelessly at sea with the complex computer programmes they had devised to contort their data in the approved direction, more than once expressing their own desperation at how difficult it was to get the desired results.. [Coyote Blog » Blog Archive » Pretty Good Climategate Summary]
Firebird is set in Kansas, but, as is evident from the number of sales to foreign publishers, it has an international appeal.. [Janice Graham - An interview with author]
It's evident from the Stewart rally that we are a country of aspiring comedians and witty sign-makers.. [Shaun Johnson: Can Social Studies Deliver Us from Insanity?]
Recognizing such behaviours that often result in evident self-harm (or refusal of care), is one of the few true frustrations that I experience in working with patients, often leaving me no option but to refer them for psychological or psychiatric assessment and management.. [Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes » Blog Archive » When Healthy Eating Becomes an Obsession]
Consequently, NIPA profits have been far less subject to the spin evident in reports to shareholders in recent years.. [The 1990's Bubble Economy, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
The capabalities of an average engineer in India is evident from the fact that many Product companies like. [Indian Labor Productivity, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
These are rather more extreme examples but 1 fact is clearly evident from the divergence of their underlying value at the time of their downfall and their reflected stock price ... key-insider information was restricted by a select few who profited and violated the Strong-Form EMH.. [Resisting Efficient Markets, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
Avatar, its fairly evident, is just such a project.. [2009 December « Monster Scifi Show Blog]
A theme that became evident from the very start was the obviously conflicting interests of the parties in attendance.. [Daily Record--Legal Currents Column]
From what I have been told the Lib Dems have got clear traction in this campaign, clearly evident from the number of leaflets being delivered and the number of Lib Dem posters going up, and this has clearly got the Tories worried.. [The Tory plan in Norwich North revealed]
What is becoming very evident from the blogs is the ability of Obama and the dems to cause division in our country with its citizens.. [Citing 'productive' G8, Obama heads to Africa with a message]
Zuckerberg seems to lack a moral center which is immediately evident from the start.. [Melissa Silverstein: The Social Network]
He was lying on his left side at the time, and in evident pain.. [Chapter 37]
It was a bit of simulated playfulness, but the bushman sprang back in evident fright.. [Chapter 24]
It is evident from the first to the last that they are approaching their show from a certain level of gleeful enthusiasm.. [Podcast: The D6 Generation, worth a listen « Third Point of Singularity]