Excellent Wiki - What is the excellent?
What does the word excellent mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word excellent in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with excellent and anagrams of excellent.
Definitions of "excellent"
- Of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind. adjective
- Archaic Superior. adjective
- Of the highest quality; splendid. adjective
- Exceptionally good of its kind. adjective
- Excellently. adverb
- Excelling; surpassing others in some good quality or the sum of qualities; of great worth; eminent, in a good sense; superior adjective
- Superior in kind or degree, irrespective of moral quality; -- used with words of a bad significance. adjective
- Excellently; eminently; exceedingly. adverb
- Excelling; possessing excellence; eminent or distinguished for superior merit of any kind; of surpassing character or quality; uncommonly laudable or valuable for any reason; characterized by good or sensible qualities; remarkably good: as, an excellent magistrate; an excellent farm, horse, or fruit; an excellent workman.
- Surpassing; transcendent; consummate; complete: in an ill sense.
- Synonyms Worthy, fine, admirable, choice, prime, valuable, select, exquisite.
- Excellently; exceedingly.
- very good;of the highest quality adjective
The word "excellent" in example sentences
Until that day, Panshin had always treated Lavretsky, not exactly haughtily, but at least condescendingly; but Lisa, in describing her expedition of the previous day to Panshin, had spoken of Lavretsky as an excellent and clever man, that was enough; he felt bound to make a conquest of an excellent man.. [Chapter XXVIII]
What I've noticed is in the last year I hardly spotted any malware, my AV (I had the excellent Nod32 and now the excellent+ Avira) used to find more than 60\% of all flash drives infected, lately this percentage dropped to less than 10\%.. [Wilders Security Forums]
II. i.177 (405,8) well kiss'd! an excellent courtesy!] [-- _well kissed_, and _excellent courtesy_; --] This I think should be printed, _well kiss'd_! an _excellent courtesy_!. [Notes to Shakespeare, Volume III: The Tragedies]
(I lived there for 12 years and if socialism is what you call excellent, cheap, taxpayer-paid quality health care for all, well, call me a socialist and stop letting me bail you out with my taxes!). [Carolita Johnson: You Already Have A Death Panel]
That's what I call excellent behavior, and that schoolmaster certainly knows how to organize the activities of his class.. [Reveries of a Schoolmaster]
By all means let us be what they call excellent friends.. [Michael]
David Willetts told the Commons home affairs select committee he had had three meetings with the immigration minister, Damian Green, to discuss differences in the detail of reforms to the student immigration system, which he described as an "excellent British export industry", worth more than £4bn a year.. [The Guardian World News]
Former CIA director John McLaughlin told The Associated Press from London Monday that he supported Panetta's nomination because of his management experience, judgment and understanding of Washington, which he called excellent qualities for a CIA director.. [- Latest Popular Stories, Instablogs Community]
(One other woman in the program was barred from early release by her sentencing judge.) "Her behavior has been what we call excellent, excellent behavior," Wayne County Jail Chief Jeriel Heard said.. [detnews.com - Nation-World]
Now that's what I call excellent customer service!. [Epinions Recent Content for Home]
Borshoff said the acid leach/resin in pulp plant was now operating at 65% design capacity with what he described as excellent satellite targets at Juma and Mpata expected to add to resource expansion and the significant current ore stockpile in place at Kayelekera.. [Mineweb - Daily news headlines]
Seiveright further thanked Newby for what he called excellent service to the youth organisation over the past three years.. [Jamaica Gleaner Online]
According to his doctor Obama is in "excellent" health.. [Obama In Good Health - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com]
When aides to Lyndon B. Johnson, his opponent for the 1960 Democratic nomination, reported to the media that Kennedy had Addison's disease, Kennedy responded by having his doctors issue a statement denying the illness, and proclaiming him to be in "excellent" health.. [Pulling Back the Curtain]
Here you can find an excellent selection of vacation homes and relaxation can be had in excellent, beautiful surroundings.. [Archive 2010-01-01]
The metalwork is in excellent condition, but it is a little stiff in the action.. [One Trigger, Or Two?]