Excerpt Wiki - What is the excerpt?
excerpt wiki coming soon..
What does the word excerpt mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word excerpt in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with excerpt and anagrams of excerpt.
Definitions of "excerpt"
- A passage or segment taken from a longer work, such as a literary or musical composition, a document, or a film. noun
- To select or use (a passage or segment from a longer work). verb-transitive
- To select or use material from (a longer work). verb-transitive
- a clip, snippet, passage or extract from a larger work such as a news article, a film, a literary composition or other media noun
- To select or copy sample material (excerpts) from a work. verb
- An extract; a passage selected or copied from a book or record. noun
- To select; to extract; to cite; to quote. verb-transitive
- To take or cull out (a passage in a written or printed work); select; cite; extract.
- An extract from a written or printed work: as, excerpts from the records. noun
- a passage selected from a larger work noun
- take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy verb
The word "excerpt" in example sentences
* % excerpt% - A text-only excerpt of the body content.. [Digital Point Forums]
I love ancient myths … history was one of my favorite classes and I looked it up and heres in excerpt from the wiki article:. [Think Progress » Defending ‘Tea Party Profiteers,’ Odom Tells Activists ‘We Should Reward Them With Our Pocketbooks’]
The focus of this excerpt is the lack of freedom of blacks (non-whites in general, actually, as it also included Chinese, Filipinos, native Americans, people from the Indian subcontinent and others).. [The Volokh Conspiracy » “Up from Slavery”]
BM: This excerpt is the opening page or two of the book.. [Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Interview: Billy Mernit, Part 1]
Bobbi Rightmyer presents The Baby Bones posted at My Muse and Me, saying, “This excerpt is approximately 900 words.”. [Creative Carnival – November 8th NaNoWriMo Edition « Write Anything]
To celebrate the milestone, I've posted a 2,000-word excerpt from the opening of the book:. [Boing Boing: March 30, 2003 - April 5, 2003 Archives]
One clarification – the Truscott quoted in your excerpt is actually one of the few members of the club who is PRO-Hemings descendants.. [The Jefferson ''Family'' Feud at cvillenews.com]
This excerpt is a good example of Hemans's style, which is either "false stilted and trashy" or "sweet and elegant," depending on your point of view.. [Contesting the Heterodoxy: Mrs. Hemans vs. Lord Byron]
Editor's note: Have a look at this excerpt from the recently revised NASA Organization description.. [Office of Communications Planning Is Gone - NASA Watch]
I wrote about it over at Selenian Boondocks, and one excerpt is as follows:. [Ares Still Struggles Ahead for 1-X Launch - NASA Watch]
I don't know if the book will ever be published, but here is an excerpt from the foreword of the book that sums up my feelings about those times.. [Remembering Apollo 11 and the Legacy of Apollo - NASA Watch]
Here is an excerpt from the official press release:. [Say goodbye to the Sci-Fi channel as you know it « Giant Killer Squid - Film, Comics, News, Reviews and more]
Which reminds me that I haven't shared an excerpt from the novella yet.. [Whisper of Sin Excerpt]
Great excerpt, is this near the beginning of the book?. [Branded By Fire Excerpt]
I don't really mind if the excerpt is posted before the book comes out, because it ensures that I never lose interest.. [Angels' Blood Countdown: Vivi Anna - The Vampire's Quest]
Sometimes it also gets confusing with them all, because something happens to my fantastical brain that makes it lose its cool and forget what excerpt is from what book: P. [Angels' Blood Countdown: Vivi Anna - The Vampire's Quest]
Excerpt TranslatesExcerpt English to Turkish Translate
(i.), (f.) (bir kitap veya yazıdan) seçme parça, pasaj; (f.) almak, seçmek, iktibas etmek.(i.), (f.) (bir kitap veya yazıdan) seçme parça, pasaj; (f.) almak, seçmek, iktibas etmek.