Exotic Wiki - What is the exotic?
What does the word exotic mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word exotic in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with exotic and anagrams of exotic.
Definitions of "exotic"
- From another part of the world; foreign: exotic tropical plants in a greenhouse. See Synonyms at foreign. adjective
- Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange: "If something can be explained simply, in a familiar way, then it is best to avoid more exotic explanations” ( Chet Raymo). See Synonyms at fantastic. adjective
- Of or involving striptease: an exotic dancer. adjective
- One that is exotic. noun
- A striptease performer. noun
- Foreign, with the connotation of excitingly foreign. adjective
- Non-native to the ecosystem. adjective
- An organism that is exotic to an environment. noun
- An exotic dancer; a stripteaser. noun
- Any exotic particle. noun
- Introduced from a foreign country; not native; extraneous; foreign adjective
- Anything of foreign origin; something not of native growth, as a plant, a word, a custom. noun
- Of foreign origin or character; introduced from a foreign country; not native, naturalized, or familiarized; extraneous: as, an exotic plant; an exotic term or word.
- Anything of foreign origin, as a plant, tree, word, practice, etc., introduced from a foreign country, and not fully acclimated, naturalized, or established in use. noun
- strikingly strange or unusual adjective
- being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world adjective