Expert Wiki - What is the expert?
What does the word expert mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word expert in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with expert and anagrams of expert.
Definitions of "expert"
- A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject. noun
- The highest grade that can be achieved in marksmanship. noun
- A person who has achieved this grade. noun
- Having, involving, or demonstrating great skill, dexterity, or knowledge as the result of experience or training. See Synonyms at proficient. adjective
- Extraordinarily capable or knowledgeable. adjective
- Characteristic of an expert. adjective
- A person with extensive knowledge or ability in a given subject. noun
- A player ranking just below master. noun
- Taught by use, practice, or experience, experienced; having facility of operation or performance from practice; knowing and ready from much practice; clever; skillful adjective
- An expert or experienced person; one instructed by experience; one who has skill, experience, or extensive knowledge in his calling or in any special branch of learning. noun
- A specialist in a particular profession or department of science requiring for its mastery peculiar culture and erudition. noun
- A sworn appraiser. noun
- To experience. verb-transitive
- Having had experience; experienced; practised; trained; taught by use, practice, or experience.
- Skilful; dexterous; adroit; having facility acquired by practice.
- Pertaining to or resulting from experience; due to or proceeding from one having practical knowledge or skill: as, expert workmanship; expert testimony.
- Synonyms Adroit, Dexterous, Expert, etc. (see adroit); trained, practised. See skilful.
- An experienced, skilful, or practised person; one skilled or thoroughly informed in any particular department of knowledge or art. noun