Fertile Wiki - What is the fertile?
What does the word fertile mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word fertile in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with fertile and anagrams of fertile.
Definitions of "fertile"
- Capable of initiating, sustaining, or supporting reproduction. adjective
- Capable of growing and developing; able to mature. adjective
- Bearing functional reproductive structures such as seeds or fruit or material such as spores or pollen. adjective
- Bearing or producing crops or vegetation abundantly; fruitful. adjective
- Rich in material needed to sustain plant growth. adjective
- Highly or continuously productive; prolific. adjective
- Capable of producing fissionable material. adjective
- Bearing or producing abundantly, as of vegetable growth, and sometimes of offspring; productive; fruitful: with of or in before the thing produced: as,fertile soil; a fertile breed of animals; a land fertile of wheat, or fertile in soldiers as well as supplies.
- Productive mentally; fruitful in intellectual activity; inventive; ingenious: as, a fertile brain or imagination; a mind fertile in resources.
- In bot.:
- Fruiting, or capable of producing fruit; having a perfect pistil: as, a fertile flower.
- Capable of fertilizing, as an anther with well-developed pollen.
- Causing production; fertilizing; promoting fecundity: as, fertile showers; fertile thoughts; a fertile suggestion.
- In bee-keeping, in a fertilized state; pregnant. See the extract.
- Synonyms Productive, etc. See
- Producing fruit or vegetation in abundance; fruitful; able to produce abundantly; prolific; fecund; productive; rich; inventive adjective
- Capable of producing fruit; fruit-bearing. adjective