Field Wiki - What is the field?
What does the word field mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word field in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with field and anagrams of field.
Definitions of "field"
- A broad, level, open expanse of land. noun
- A meadow. noun
- A cultivated expanse of land, especially one devoted to a particular crop. noun
- A portion of land or a geologic formation containing a specified natural resource. noun
- A wide unbroken expanse, as of ice. noun
- A battleground. noun
- A battle. noun
- The scene or an area of military operations or maneuvers. noun
- A background area, as on a flag, painting, or coin. noun
- The background of a shield or one of the divisions of the background. noun
- An area or setting of practical activity or application outside an office, school, factory, or laboratory. noun
- An area or region where business activities are conducted. noun
- An area in which an athletic event takes place, especially the area inside or near to a running track, where field events are held. noun
- In baseball, the positions on defense or the ability to play defense. noun