Final Wiki - What is the final?
Final, Finals or The Final Final (competition), the last or championship round of a sporting competition, match, game, or other contest which decides a winner for an event Another term for playoffs, describing a sequence of contests taking place after a regular season or round-robin tournament, culminating in a final by the first definition. final (Java), a keyword in the Java programming language Final case, a grammatical case Final examination, a test given at the end of a course of study or training Part of a syllable Final, a tone of the Gregorian mode.
What does the word final mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word final in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with final and anagrams of final.
Definitions of "final"
- Forming or occurring at the end; last: the final scene of a film. adjective
- Of or constituting the end result of a succession or process; ultimate: an act with both an immediate and a final purpose. adjective
- Not to be changed or reconsidered; unalterable: The judge's decision is final. See Synonyms at last1. adjective
- Something that comes at or forms the end, especially: noun
- The last or one of the last of a series of contests: the finals of a state spelling bee. noun
- The last examination of an academic course. noun
- The ending, the last. noun
- A final examination; a test or examination given at the end of a term or class; the test that concludes a class. noun
- The last round, game or match in a contest, after which the winner is determined. noun
- A contest that narrows a field of contestants (finalists) to ranked positions, usually in numbered places (1st place/prize, 2nd place/prize, etc.) or a winner and numbered runners-up (1st runner-up, etc.). noun
- the final part of a syllable, the combination of medial and rime in phonetics and phonology. noun
- last; ultimate adjective
- Conclusive; decisive adjective
- Respecting an end or object to be gained; respecting the purpose or ultimate end in view adjective
- word-final, occurring at the end of a word. adjective
- Pertaining to the end or conclusion; last; terminating; ultimate. adjective
- Conclusive; decisive adjective
- Respecting an end or object to be gained; respecting the purpose or ultimate end in view. adjective
- Pertaining to the end or conclusion; ultimate; conclusive; last: as, the final issue or event of things; a final effort.
The word "final" in example sentences
_edits [$i] - final; if (is_array ($final)) $final = array_slice ($to_lines, $yi, sizeof ($final));. [phpBB.com]
$this-final = $final; function & reverse () $reverse = new diff_op_copy ($this - final, $this-orig); return $reverse;. [phpBB.com]
$this-final = $final; function & reverse () $reverse = new diff_op_change ($this - final, $this-orig); return $reverse;. [phpBB.com]
# there a much better way to do this with some kind of thing, but I can't remember where I saw that note. until [$rounding_digit_location - eq -1]; do final = $final "0". [LinuxQuestions.org]
When I gave him that message it was final -- _final_, do you hear? ". [Flamsted quarries]
But Mr. Panetta's public comments about al Qaeda's decline were the most far-reaching to date about what he described as a final push to defeat the network globally.. [Panetta: U.S. Within Reach of Defeating al Qaeda]
But at a hearing Friday, Cook County Circuit Judge Marya (muh-REE'-uh) Nega granted what she described as a final postponement after allowing Mrs. Wade to dismiss her most recent lawyer.. [Dwyane Wade Divorce Case: Wife May Fire NINTH Lawyer In Two Years]
"If you want to register to be included in what we call the final registration roll, or the FRR, you must be at home.". [Liberia Sets Voter Registration for 2011 Presidential Election]
Michael Jackson's making what he calls his final curtain call.. [CNN Transcript Mar 6, 2009]
DETROIT -- General Motors Co. on Thursday announced what it called the final round of senior-executive departures and appointments, capping new Chief Executive Frederick "Fritz" Henderson's drive to shuffle and simplify the auto maker's upper ranks.. [GM Announces More Executive Departures]
The White House presenting Iraq with what it calls the final text of a draft security agreement and says the ball is now in Baghdad's court.. [CNN Transcript Nov 7, 2008]
Is Hillary Clinton on the short list of what he -- about what he calls his final counselor?. [CNN Transcript Jun 5, 2008]
CLANCY: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad saying now that a new U.S. report is what he termed a final blow to critics of Iran's nuclear program.. [CNN Transcript Dec 5, 2007]
He says he backs the plan as what he calls a final attempt to stabilize Iraq.. [CNN Transcript Jan 22, 2007]
The seventh and what they call the final installment of "Harry Potter.". [CNN Transcript Jul 23, 2007]
There he began making short, plotless ballets in a neo-classical style, before what he calls a final fling as a dancer with the Frankfurt Ballet, made famous by choreographer William Forsythe's radical deconstructions of classical dance.. [Great Leap Forward:]
Final TranslatesFinal English to Turkish Translate
(s)., (i). son, nihai; kati, kesin; sonuncu; (i)., (matb). son baskı; (çoğ)., spor kesin sonuç veren oyun, final, bir spor karşılaşmasmın son ve kati denemesi; sömestre sonu imtihanı. finally (z). nihayet, sonunda. final cause nihai maksat, son gaye.(s)., (i). son, nihai; kati, kesin; sonuncu; (i)., (matb). son baskı; (çoğ)., spor kesin sonuç veren oyun, final, bir spor karşılaşmasmın son ve kati denemesi; sömestre sonu imtihanı. finally (z). nihayet, sonunda. final cause nihai maksat, son gaye.