Flux Wiki - What is the flux?
What does the word flux mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word flux in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with flux and anagrams of flux.
Definitions of "flux"
- A flow or flowing of a liquid. noun
- The flowing in of the tide. noun
- A continuing movement, especially in large numbers of things. noun
- Constant or frequent change; fluctuation. noun
- The discharge of large quantities of fluid material from the body, especially the discharge of watery feces from the intestines. noun
- The rate of flow of fluid, particles, or energy through a given surface. noun
- The lines of force of an electric or magnetic field. noun
- A substance that aids, induces, or otherwise actively participates in fusing or flowing, as. noun
- A substance applied to a surface to be joined by welding, soldering, or brazing to facilitate the flowing of solder and prevent formation of oxides. noun
- A mineral added to the metals in a furnace to promote fusing or to prevent the formation of oxides. noun
- An additive that improves the flow of plastics during fabrication. noun
- A readily fusible glass or enamel used as a base in ceramic work. noun
- To melt; fuse. intransitive verb
- To apply a flux to. intransitive verb
- To become fluid. intransitive verb
- To flow; stream. intransitive verb